New RNRegister Today!
- by shorty091985 Jan 18, '11rrgrhhrhrhrh, when i past my test it was a dream come true. i thought to myself, finally i can realize my dreams. today, i am so depress because i've been looking for a job in miami, broward and coral gables even Boca, weston and no job. all i've been getting are rejection email. it is frustrating, even agencies want experience. I trust you God but it needs to happen. Is anyone else having the same problem? Any help? Suggestions? Advice? anything would help
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=527170©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,480 Views
- Jan 18, '11 by caliotter3Congrats on getting your license. You may want to do some exploring elsewhere on the site to read how others have been doing the job search. Good luck.
- Jan 18, '11 by shorty091985thanks for the reply
- Jan 19, '11 by Silverdragon102Moved to the FL state forum
- Jan 25, '11 by msdaschcavI want to say "hang in there" it will get better. but i have been in the same situation since November 2009. Granted I was pregnant when I got my license an was not in any condition to start a new position but for sure i thought once i was ready to get back to work things would have picked up by now. Well, to no avail, i am still here. Putting in applications literally EVERYDAY! As soon as I can get my computer powered up I am on the hospitals websites putting in applications. I think I have approximately 200+ rejection emails. But that is not stopping me. In the meantime I have BLS, ACLS trying for PALs and whatever other certification I can get under my belt. TRUST ME I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!
- Jan 28, '11 by blowninI am in the same boat as well. I graduated Dec.09 and still no job. I go on the web everyday and look all over the country and apply to jobs to no avail. Just recieve rejection emails. It's extremely frustrating and I think the only way to get a job, is to literally get lucky and they pick you out of the thousands of applicants they have or you have to know someone who can get you in. This problem is all over the country, not just here. I can only hope it picks up soon.
- Jan 28, '11 by RNmilwifeAre you applying to LTC, SNF and rehab hospitals? When I graduated in May 2009, I had applied to over 100 hospital jobs and nobody wanted a new grad. Finally I applied at SNF and was hired there. Worked there almost a year then moved down here to Florida and had a hospital job within a month.
- Jan 30, '11 by MAL, RNQuote from RNmilwifeWhere in Florida are you? (assuming you are on military orders from your username)Are you applying to LTC, SNF and rehab hospitals? When I graduated in May 2009, I had applied to over 100 hospital jobs and nobody wanted a new grad. Finally I applied at SNF and was hired there. Worked there almost a year then moved down here to Florida and had a hospital job within a month.
I'm moving to JAX soon and looking for New Grad jobs there..
- Jan 30, '11 by soon2begrad2010Yes,try LTC/Rehab facilities,I just recently took the boards and received my license and within 10 days of applying to hospitals and ltc's I finally got a job offer and so did another classmate of mine at another ltc. I live in jax,fl and I really want a hospital job,but I was in dire need of some of a job asap also. Also up here I know of 2 home health agencies that hire new grads, I was getting ready to start working for a home health agency but was not comfortable having rusted skills.
- Jan 30, '11 by NurseCattYou have to get out and walk in to some of these facilities, it's what I did. I had a hard time finding a job too. I started hitting the pavement and finally got a job offer at a Nursing & Rehab facility. Also you can check out craigslist too. Good luck on your job hunt.