Miami Dade College - Page 32Register Today!
- Jun 1, '09 by calvanaI have applied to mdc program for fall 09. However i am completing anatomy2 n micro for the summer. Has anyone ever been accepted while completing prereqs in the summer?
- Jun 1, '09 by rsw1960no, not that I have ever heard of. You're taking two of the science requirements, I'm assuming with lab if you are going for your bsn.
- Jun 2, '09 by ymartiYes, I'm currently in the program and when I applied last spring, I had just started taking Anatomy 2. And I took Microbiology + lab in the summer, while I was waiting to be accepted. A few of my classmates have taken or are taking microbiology while in the nursing program.
- Jun 2, '09 by calvanaThank you Ymarti. for give me hope!!!! :-)
- Jun 2, '09 by ChamitaHi,
I have my Advanced Med-Surge Critical Thinking Exam coming up and was wondering if anyone can give me an idea as to the format of the exam - is it like the one in Med-Surge?
- Jun 4, '09 by SouthernAshI am in my 3rd semester right now at MDC and I was smack dab in the middle of Micro when I got my acceptance letter. I have friends in 3rd semester who are still finished pre-reqs....I DONT RECOMMENED THIS.... FINISH ALL PRE REQS FIRST!!!! But honey you have nothing to worry about.
- Jun 4, '09 by SouthernAshStill FINISHING Pre-reqs
- Jun 4, '09 by calvanaThanks southernash, do you remember when you received your acceptance letter? they said mid june...... i am really anxious
- Jun 14, '09 by brucedragonHello Fellow MDCers,
I got accepted for Fall 2009 Accelerated Program -- Yoo hoo ! ! !
Wanted to ask you guys about apartment hunting strategy. Since I am from Tampa and thinking of moving to Miami perhaps 1 or 2 days before classes--wondering how and where can I find good apartments at a good price ?
I perused sites such as Craigslist, Apartment.com, rent.com and forrent.com but its freaking overwhelming... too many listings and dont know where to start ! ! ! Due to my distance, cant do much legwork/inspection except during orientation, so was wondering how you guys managed this process ?
When I went to Business School back in UVA, it was so easy as there is a private apt complex basically walking distance to school so that is a nobrainer, even coming from an out-of-stater. However, in MDC, good places are not in walking distance, am I right ? My thinking is just dont want to be stuck in traffic going to or coming home from school/clinical sites.
Any suggestions on a good apartment--furnished is preferable but unfurnished is fine too (perhaps your apartment complex, etc.) and best location that is not too far from school/clinical sites ?
Thanks in advance for your tips and advice.
- Jun 14, '09 by tracie0305Hey...when did u get ur letter and what was your GPA if you don't mind me asking. I also applied for the accelerated program but I haven't heard anything yet.