[font=lucida sans unicode]hi and congrats to all of us! i made this thread so we could all exhange info for out ft cohort. that way we won't get mixed up with the other p/timers and ao track! congrats to them too!
[font=lucida sans unicode]for those who are just tuning in:
- [font=lucida sans unicode]our orientation is july 18th, the ati assessment is july 19. mark your calendars!
- [font=lucida sans unicode]we do need to get titers for 2 tb's, mmr, varicella and hep b is highly suggested! i think hep a too!
- [font=lucida sans unicode]the program is 4 semesters. we graduate in december 2012!!!!!!
- [font=lucida sans unicode]we have to turn in all our paper work for orientation, which includes our drug screen, health record, background check(i think they receive this from the actually company though)
- [font=lucida sans unicode]make your ati account!!! atitesting.com
[font=lucida sans unicode]what i have left to do:
- [font=lucida sans unicode]get my drug screen and 2nd tb! should go tomorrow.
- [font=lucida sans unicode]uhhh all my titers actually
- [font=lucida sans unicode]my unform--although i've already gotten my skirt for clinicals (don't wear pants), i don't have the top or lab coat!!!
- [font=lucida sans unicode]get my books-- i've gotten supplementals like an nclex book and stuff but not the actual texts.
[font=lucida sans unicode]what i have done to get ready:
- [font=lucida sans unicode]i am going on a diet! healthy meals all day! i don't want to gain 10+ lbs--don't like the idea of being an unhealthy nurse lol
- [font=lucida sans unicode]going over some, but not all a&p--mostly bones, muscles, heart, endocrine, and stuff like that.
- [font=lucida sans unicode]cleaning out my room to make more space.
- [font=lucida sans unicode]i got an extra desk--its big and spacious for those late night study sessions. i have another one but its small. mostly for the computer. but it has lots of shelves for my "enjoyment books".
- [font=lucida sans unicode]i am cleaning my shelves(i have lots) and organizing the books by subject (anatomy, physio, patho, bio, chemistry, dictionaries, etc) and as time goes by, i'll put the nursing books as follows: (fundamentals, health assessments, pharmacology, patho, medsurge, specialties, references/dictionaries, review books)
- [font=lucida sans unicode]i'm cleaning my filing cabinet out but i am making copies of all my important documents, including my health record incase mdc loses it, lol. so i'll have files for my health docs, extra copies of my other valuable docs(house docs, car docs, insurance etc), and drug screen results. i'm also going to keep file of my ap notes. this is all for simplicity!!!
- [font=lucida sans unicode]i'm going to buy those under-bed storage bins to store my extras-- extra back packs, extra office supplies, and my sewing supplies(yes i love crafts)
- [font=lucida sans unicode]make sure my dental appointments and my dog's shots are up to date!!!
- [font=lucida sans unicode]i printed a ton of "grocery list/menu planner" sheets. i am going to put it on a magnetic clipboard and put it on my white board. every week or month i am going to pick out a day just for meal planning and grocery shopping. i am going to work it out so that the first semester i only have to go shopping twice a month. most of my meals, if they turn out alright lol, will be freezer meals.
- [font=lucida sans unicode]i think i need to buy a mini freezer lol
- [font=lucida sans unicode]i'm going to do all my fun stuff before school starts. i want to go to the zoo and see some museums and other geeky stuff with my mum. might not be able to for a while
[font=lucida sans unicode]what other misc stuff are you doing to organize your life? i *love* organizing any tips would be great!!!!!can't wait :d
Quote from dea089
I can't wait to move!
Does your mom live in Miami? Are you keeping your things in storage for a long time or just till you find a place? I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do about my furniture. Maybe I'll just put what I'm not going to use for the next year 1/2 on craigslist so I don't have to worry about storing it for that long.
I cant wait either! Mom is great....as long as there is a distance! LOL
Nope she lives in Hollywood. I'm a little lower into Dade
I put the things in storage till I find a place because I need to use most of the stuff. The last time I moved I got rid of most of the junk. While I was packing I put a gang of stuff on craigslist(my fav). Nothing went through so I left those things on the curb.
I got a storage for a reasonable price for about a month till I move. If you don't plan on using your stuff for a long period, I would just sell it and get the smallest storage possible for the rest. Save money on whatever you can
Last edit by tanabella on Jul 8, '11
: Reason: spelling