Mayo Clinic and Shands: JacksonvilleRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Mayo Clinic and Shands: Jacksonville in Florida Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hey guys, I am possibly relocating to Jacksonville and applied for several positions at Mayo Clinic...by PrettyinPink1234 Jun 2, '11Hey guys, I am possibly relocating to Jacksonville and applied for several positions at Mayo Clinic and Shands (really want mayo) but I have not heard a peep from either organization. I applied 2-3 weeks ago, does anyone know how long it may take to hear from them. I have alot of experience and think I at least deserve an interview
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=573845©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,481 Views
- Jun 3, '11 by chicookieI haven't had any personal experience with either one but friends that have applied there have told me that they take a super long time. I would call and see. Jobs are hard to come by in Jax.
- Jun 3, '11 by PrettyinPink1234thanks for the heads up--that's weird, why do they post these jobs but then take forever to fill them?
- Jun 3, '11 by misswhitneyI know that Shands is not going to be hiring much this summer. They are closing a unit for remodeling so they will have an entire floor floating around. Mayo is so hard to get into. You usually have to know someone to get in there. We have a bunch of hospitals around Jacksonville. What part of town are you in?
- Jun 4, '11 by PrettyinPink1234Im currently in Cleveland, fam lives in Jacksonville and i want to relocate, i cant believe that about those hospitals, i have 4 years of ICU experience at a huge, busy teaching hospital, shouldn't cross my fingers?
- Jun 5, '11 by FLmomof5I would simply get my foot in the door of any hospital here first and then work on transitioning to Shands or Mayo. There are lots of hospitals here.... although you mention you're in Cleveland, where do you want to be in Jax? Jax is a LARGE city geographically and you may want to take commuting (cost of gas....traffic is a joke) into consideration.
- Jun 7, '11 by WM_84Quote from misswhitneyWhat floor is this? I work at Shands and our unit is actively interviewing/hiring for nurses. We dont have many positions available, but we've hired two nurses in the past two months.I know that Shands is not going to be hiring much this summer. They are closing a unit for remodeling so they will have an entire floor floating around. Mayo is so hard to get into. You usually have to know someone to get in there. We have a bunch of hospitals around Jacksonville. What part of town are you in?
- Jun 7, '11 by PrettyinPink1234micu and ed
- Jun 12, '11 by JR816Does anyone know what the pay rate is like at Shands and/or Mayo? I am just looking for a ball park....I have five years experience with a BSN in the ED with ACLS, PALS, TNCC.....any input would be appreciated!
- Oct 27, '11 by PrettyinPink1234never got any calls, few months later and i still want to move, reapplying to shands and mayo, also applying to st v's, flagler, memorial, any other suggestions, anyone know whos hring?