Grad nurse RN still looking for workRegister Today!
- by tampasheri Feb 18, '12Any grad position ideas? I know at Lee Memorial in Ft. Myers they post only 1st-5th of each month but I haven't found any in Tampa area. Am I searching under wrong wording? Is it "new graduate", "internship", "graduate", etc? Any advice is appreciated!!
- 1,195 Views
- Feb 18, '12 by tampasheriThanks!!
- Feb 21, '12 by showe2RN Sam.. I sent you a friend request. I have an old login, but it isn't working so I can send you a message. I recently read (not I can't find the thread) where you were commenting to a new grad that is having problems finding a job in the Tampa Bay area. I am moving from Arkansas to the Clearwater area in May or June. I can't remember the name of the hospitals you had listed to try to find a residency in. I am unfamiliar with the area (as far as health care) and price range of average rent. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am still learning how to maneuver around this site. I really appreciate all your help.
- Feb 21, '12 by RN SamI did accept your friend request. You need to reply some posts around the site and eventually you will be able to send private message and I will be happy to help.
- Feb 23, '12 by showe2Hey Sam, I will get on that today. Lol.. it will only let me reply to 6 a day. So I am trying to do 6 more posts. Thanks for all your help. I am getting more excited as these two months fly by. Thanks so much!
- Feb 23, '12 by lpnfloridaI have worked in fort myers since 1999 and yes at Lee Memorial Health Sysytems. They are a very good employer to work for. We are five separate hospitals under the Lee Memorial system.
I love this area and Tampa is not all that far from here. I have heard from other that the pay rate in Fort Myers is actually higher for some than it is in Tampa, this was told to me by a psychologist. That is the only base I have as to compare what wages might actually be.
So if your heart is not set on the Tampa area, you might consider further south.
- Mar 11, '12 by NRSNFLYou can check the Baycare websites for PCT/CNR status (clincial nurse resident). Good luck, I feel for ya!