Florida RN license by endorsement - page 2
by Peluchina 69,556 Views | 33 Comments
Hello all, where do I need to go to apply for a Florida RN license by endorsement? How much money are we talking about in fees? Thanks for your responses, Peluchina.... Read More
- 0Sep 27, '08 by Angie O'Plasty, RNQuote from NanitaI have learn that is not very easy to find a job as an RN in FL without any experience if the person not graduated from FL RN school is that right? Thanks for the answer...
Far more important than having experience is the ability to be flexible and adapt to the Florida way of doing things. We have a lot of tourists, a very multicultural society here, and we're used to new people. So the burden of change will most likely be on you.
Remember, nursing is a lot like doing dishes -- there are lots of correct ways to get those pots washed.
- 0Sep 27, '08 by karleonneed help, im planning to move to FL and endorse my licnese.
guys im an RN in Manila Philippines, i took NCLEX and have a RN license in New Mexico. I didnt practice in NM but im intending to endorse my license to Florida. Should i accomplish my fingerprint card here in the philippines or should i have to go to NM and have my fingerprint card accomplish?
- 2Sep 27, '08 by labrador4122Quote from NanitaI have learn that is not very easy to find a job as an RN in FL without any experience if the person not graduated from FL RN school is that right? Thanks for the answer...
I don't think that is always the case.
I have one co-worker who went to boston for nursing school and then passed boards in boston then endorsed her license here in florida and soon after got a job in my floor.
I think that sometimes in some areas of the hospital they want experience like icu setting---- although in my hospital they take GN's and newly licensed RN's in all areas.
- 0Sep 28, '08 by labrador4122Quote from nanitathis is from the actual application for the fl license::is any one have an idea about the agent location where i can perform finger prints (for fl rn license endorsement) in ny area? can i do it in the local police office? i just moved in to this country so your help very appreciated.
fingerprint card: all applicants must complete two (2) fingerprint cards, per florida statutes 464.009(3). failure to submit fingerprint cards will delay your application.
your local law enforcement agency will roll your fingerprints, and may charge you a fee. when you contact your local law enforcement agency, confirm that they have the fd-258 fingerprint card available. if the fd-258 is unavailable, you may order blank fingerprint cards for a fee at www.fldoh.sofn.net.
all applicants are required to log on to the internet site: www.fldoh.sofn.net to enter profile information. print out the resulting barcode sheet, and mail the barcode sheet with your completed fingerprint cards to our office at:
florida board of nursing 4052 bald cypress way, bin c-02 tallahassee, fl 32399-3252
entering your profile information is free. the information is stored in our database and will complete your biometric data when we scan your fingerprint card. if you do not have access to the internet at home or work, you can use a computer at your local public library.
handle your fingerprint card with the utmost care and mail it to our address in a flat envelope. smudged, folded, or bent cards may result in rejected results making resubmission necessary.
- 1Sep 28, '08 by labrador4122Quote from NanitaIs any one have an idea about the agent location where I can perform finger prints (for FL RN license endorsement) in NY area? Can I do it in the local police office? I just moved in to this country so your help very appreciated.
so there you have your answer. So you can go to the police station in NY and see if they have the right form, and if they don't go to the website and ask them to mail them to you. and make sure you follow the instructions word for word in that FL application.