Florida nursing shortage?
- 0Jan 19, '13 by ufo8micatsThis summer I am hoping to relocate to Florida. While on the Florida board of nursing site I noticed that a statement was issued about a nursing shortage in Florida. And they were Asking for donations. Does anyone know anything about a nursing shortage in the state of Florida?and if so, any particular area of Florida where nurses are in high demand?
- 1If you are an expeprienced RN you wont have any worries finding a job. Just be aware that pay here in Florida is dismal....abd bnenefits are mediocre at best......
New grads are even finding work but only if they came from an NLNAC accredited program......
- 2Jan 20, '13 by KinkyKurlyRNIdk what that's about because we have like 9 schools pumping out nurses and its just because they are crazy picky about who they want. I don't believe there is a nursing shortage at all. That ridiculous that they even put that. I'm a new grad finding it hard to get a job in Miami. And I have tried Orlando, Tampa, Ft. Myers, Naples, Clearwater, Coco Beach, St. Petersburg, and etc.i have tries places that I don't remember. And the rejection letters keep rolling in. Good luck if you find somewhere.
- 1Jan 20, '13 by Blackcat99There is not a nursing shortage in Florida.Absolutely not. In fact, the low wages offered at the new nursing jobs keep getting lower. I just now saw an ad for an experienced LPN with at least 1 year experience to work in a LTC facility for a nursing agency. The nursing agency is only offering the LPN $12.50 an hour.
- 1Jan 20, '13 by ufo8micatsThis news is somewhat disheartening. I am an LPN with 6 yrs experience in pediatric critical care. I live in ohio and work independently making about $70,000 a year. I knew I would have to take a pay cut but $12.50 an hour. I can't live on that. I am planning on making a trip to Tampa next month to check out the dif. Facilities and job opportunities.
- 2Quote from ufo8micatsNo market in FL for LPN. Your choices are Kindred Healthcare.....who py better than most, or SNF/LTC.......This summer I am hoping to relocate to Florida. While on the Florida board of nursing site I noticed that a statement was issued about a nursing shortage in Florida. And they were Asking for donations. Does anyone know anything about a nursing shortage in the state of Florida?and if so, any particular area of Florida where nurses are in high demand?
You will be hard pressed to find a critical care job in Florida. As an LPN you will be lucky to make half of that 70K per year here in FL......
- 1Jan 20, '13 by ericnekiaYour best bet is Suncoast Hospice I worked there 5 years LPN makes $18-$22 if you can deal with Death and Dying. Florida is just like Texas were I currently live, they dont do LPN in there hospital u have to go Nursing Homes or Home Health/Agencies. Texas Pays well but no hospital take LPN. to Even if you or an RN most hospital requires BA RN but they pay scale is GREAT.