Florida nursing shortage?Register Today!
- by ufo8micats Jan 19This summer I am hoping to relocate to Florida. While on the Florida board of nursing site I noticed that a statement was issued about a nursing shortage in Florida. And they were Asking for donations. Does anyone know anything about a nursing shortage in the state of Florida?and if so, any particular area of Florida where nurses are in high demand?
- Jan 20 by KinkyKurlyRNIdk what that's about because we have like 9 schools pumping out nurses and its just because they are crazy picky about who they want. I don't believe there is a nursing shortage at all. That ridiculous that they even put that. I'm a new grad finding it hard to get a job in Miami. And I have tried Orlando, Tampa, Ft. Myers, Naples, Clearwater, Coco Beach, St. Petersburg, and etc.i have tries places that I don't remember. And the rejection letters keep rolling in. Good luck if you find somewhere.
- did you go to an NLNAC accredited school? If you went to Kaiser, Galen, ITT or any private school such as those, it will be a tough row to hoe for a new grad. On place that will hire new grads is Kindreed Healthcare which has numerous locations in Florida.
- Jan 20 by Blackcat99There is not a nursing shortage in Florida.Absolutely not. In fact, the low wages offered at the new nursing jobs keep getting lower. I just now saw an ad for an experienced LPN with at least 1 year experience to work in a LTC facility for a nursing agency. The nursing agency is only offering the LPN $12.50 an hour.
- Jan 20 by ufo8micatsThis news is somewhat disheartening. I am an LPN with 6 yrs experience in pediatric critical care. I live in ohio and work independently making about $70,000 a year. I knew I would have to take a pay cut but $12.50 an hour. I can't live on that. I am planning on making a trip to Tampa next month to check out the dif. Facilities and job opportunities.
- Jan 20 by Blackcat99Yes it's unbelievable here. When I first moved here, the lowest wages I saw for LPN's were $15 an hour. Nowadays I see job offers for $12.50 and even less than that for experienced LPN's !
- Quote from ufo8micatsNo market in FL for LPN. Your choices are Kindred Healthcare.....who py better than most, or SNF/LTC.......This summer I am hoping to relocate to Florida. While on the Florida board of nursing site I noticed that a statement was issued about a nursing shortage in Florida. And they were Asking for donations. Does anyone know anything about a nursing shortage in the state of Florida?and if so, any particular area of Florida where nurses are in high demand?
You will be hard pressed to find a critical care job in Florida. As an LPN you will be lucky to make half of that 70K per year here in FL......
- Jan 20 by ericnekiaYour best bet is Suncoast Hospice I worked there 5 years LPN makes $18-$22 if you can deal with Death and Dying. Florida is just like Texas were I currently live, they dont do LPN in there hospital u have to go Nursing Homes or Home Health/Agencies. Texas Pays well but no hospital take LPN. to Even if you or an RN most hospital requires BA RN but they pay scale is GREAT.