Florida Nurses, please give it to me straight!Register Today!
- by CariocaRN Aug 18, '12Hi everyone,
I'm from NY and I'm considering a move to SW Florida (Ft. Myers, Lee County area).
I have a BSN but no experience at all other than clinicals. I am triligual if that makes a difference.
First of all, do you think I stand a chance to get hired? I'm losing hope here in NY. Also, what hospitals have the best reputation in Lee County and how long is the orientation process.
Thanks a lot in advance!
- Aug 19, '12 by funnywomanLook elsewhere for jobs. The rest of us have. I landed jobs quickly when not looking on the coast. Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma etc has jobs. East Coast is stupid tough.
- Aug 24, '12 by SdeguzmanI live in Lee County...All 4 hospitals in Lee County.. Health Park, Lee Memorial, Gulf Coast, and Cape Coral are owned my Lee Memorial Health system. I am currently a student, Jobs are not that easy to come by in the area. If your willing to travel to Port Charlotte, Or Naples, you might have a better chance...Lee Memorial has a website, that lists job openings http://www.leememorial.org/
- Sep 2, '12 by Mandy's_MomHi CariocaRN! From your username, I'm guessing you're Brazilian like me. I live in Lee County and went to nursing school here as well. Lee Memorial Health is the only system in Lee County, with 4 hospitals. They hire new grads every month, from the 1st to the 5th of each month. The interview process is 3 phases, first HR, then Internship managers, then unit director. You can't really choose an speciality, although they will ask you your preferences. I was recently hired and was told they have about 200 applicants and hire about 10% of those.
Best of luck to you, feel free to ask me questions.
- Sep 2, '12 by Lee Lee_RNHey Mandy's_Mom, I just applied to the internship program at Lee memorial yesterday, it starts on October 8th. How long did it take for you to hear back from anyone? How were the interviews (any tips?), and how long was the whole application process?
They really dont let you choose what specialty you want? Im really interested in ICU, hopefully they have some spots available.
Sorry for all the questions lol... and congrats on your new job!
- Sep 2, '12 by Lee Lee_RNHey Mandy's_Mom, I just applied to the internship program at Lee Memorial yeasterday, its starts on October 8th. How long did it take for them to contact you for the first interview? How were the interviews, any tips? How long was the whole application process?
That really stinks that you cant pick your sepcialty, I REALLY want ICU; I hope they have some slots available.
Sorry for all the questions lol...and congrats on your new job!! : )
- Sep 2, '12 by Mandy's_MomI received a call the day after I applied. With the holiday, I assume they will call on Tuesday? Anyway, the first interview was right away, then the second was like a couple of weeks ahead. And the third was the day after that. The interviews were standard questions, the ones you can google, like, tell me about a time you went above and beyond your duties, give examples on how you work on a project and what were the results, use examples of clinical situations or past jobs experiences and you should be fine.
The whole process from application to getting the phone call was about 3 weeks. After the last interview, it took about 3-4days to get a phone call with the job offer. I heard from people that did not get in that they received an email about a week or so later saying they did not get a position.
Let them know what your interests are and maybe you can get your dream position!
- Jan 18 by Nursingfem007Hello Mandy's_Mom can you tell about how much they start. I have my third interview next, week. Thanks
- Jan 19 by seb1202hey, i agre with the above posts. try Lee memorial health system. they (did) have a new grad posting up recently, i applied one night and got a call back the next morning. it has been pretty touch for new grads around here, at least in central florida area.
- Jan 22 by pugmom79Nursingfem- how did it go??