Florida Hospital Health College ??Register Today!
- by Louisepug Jan 18, '04Hi there everyone. I am in the process of applying to nursing schools. I will be in Fla. on the 26th of this month to visit the Florida hsp. health college nursing (asn) program. Has anyone here gone to school there or is currently going there? I would love some insight on the program and advice about admissions (how competitive is it?) Also, what are their nclex pass rates; if you know? I really want to move to Florida and I really like how this school looks so far! Any advice is much appriciated! Thanks, Louisepug
- 2,219 Views
- Jan 19, '04 by georgia peachesI can't comment on the school, but this link gives the most recent NCLEX pass rates.
- Jan 19, '04 by LouisepugThanks so much John! That site was very helpful. Louisepug
- Feb 3, '04 by fry.girlLouise,
I am currently preparing to apply for Nursing School in Orlando FL. I am a student at Valencia Community College, one of the three main "Orlando" nursing programs. There is also a program offered just north of Orlando in Sanford Lk Mary at Seminole Community College and then there is the Florida Hospital College.
I can tell you competition to get into these programs is high. Each has its pros and cons. I can give you more details if you are intersted.
I have just started a community nursing forum for students...you might want to check it out and to see what you can find out from other Orlando Students.
Hope this helps...
- Feb 3, '04 by LouisepugHi Cheri!
Thanks so much for the reply. I visited the FHCHS last week and was very impressed. It is definatly my first choice. I will be moving to fla. in june and hoping to get in for fall, but if you say it's very competitive maybe it won't be till winter. Good luck with your applying as well. I may pm you with more questions! Thanks Louise
- Jan 10, '11 by Student_Jaclynthe pass rates of FHCHS is hanging at 85%, whereas SCC (seminole community college) and VCC (valencia) are at 94 (v) and 98 (s).
If I could go back 2 years and save myself the headache, I would choose SCC. They have the absolute knowledge based program. Their students are pushed effectively enough to be challenged, yet understand the information in a consistent build-upon manner. - FHCHS has become the worst program around. 90% of everything is self-taught via online pre-recorded lectures, and excessive reading from 1 book which they never test on. There is no pharmacology class in the ASN program, and that is expected to be self taught as well. It is intense only because of the way it's set up. Thats why our passing rate sucks compared to other schools... we are paying for a private school level of education, yet receiving a crappy online-classroom type situation.
I dont mean to burst your bubble. It is a beautiful campus, and being connected to the hospital via shared parking, one would think that upon completion of the program that a job with said hospital would be waiting.... NOT THE CASE. The college is no longer associated with the hospital in such a manner. Not the same company, even though it sports the name "Florida Hospital College". There have been 4.0 GPA grads who have had to wait 6 months before getting a job offer, and many of those times, it is not even florida hospital who hires them.
Please save your money, go to SCC and get a much better nursing school experience. - if you are SDA and like the college because of that, then that is the only thing that makes it stand apart from cheaper and better educations at other colleges down the road.
- Jun 1, '11 by nursejaeHi I am a canadian nurse with 7 years exp in med/surg and psych does anyone know the pay range for my exp...also I received a tele interview.....does anyone know any canadian nurses who where hired with florida hosp