Florida Board of NursingRegister Today!
- by Nathalie Aug 8, '05hi. Im trying to find the school passing rates in Florida. I was told to go to the FL BON websites and look it upo there. I went there but once im their I dont know where to look. Can anyone help me find this? Thanks
- 4,463 Views
- Aug 8, '05 by raynefallHere ya go: http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/nursi..._consumer.html
scroll down until you see NCLEX passing results.
- Aug 8, '05 by katwoman7755Interesting info....can't believe Fla State's passing rate is that low.
- Aug 8, '05 by Nathaliesee now why couldnt I find that? that was sooooo easy! Now im scrared. My Nursing Program im about to enter has a low passing rate. Which is weird because I was told it was pretty high. We shall see
- Aug 8, '05 by TweetyI agree, those are dreadful pass rates.Last edit by Tweety on Aug 8, '05
- Aug 8, '05 by VickyRNRates across the entire US have dropped precipitously since the NCLEX was made more difficult in 2004. The addition of a few alternative-type questions per test-taker certainly hasn't helped either.
- Aug 8, '05 by Momto3andNurse2BMy CC (in Florida) isn't that great either. I think that (along with the waiting list the size of a telephone book) is the main reason they went to a point system as the entrance criteria instead of simply first-come, first-serve. I think they are hoping if they accept students based more on GPA, interview, etc., their rate will improve. Let's hope so.
- Aug 8, '05 by raynefall^^ Sounds like the CC I just graduated from....
- Sep 2, '05 by bonesjordanQuote from NathalieKeep in mind we have a lot of people with english as a second language here...I think it is one dimension of the problem....also I'm from the North and I can tell you when I went to MDCC for my prereq's it was much easier than my high school up North. Barry however, is a good school and will demand much of you.see now why couldnt I find that? that was sooooo easy! Now im scrared. My Nursing Program im about to enter has a low passing rate. Which is weird because I was told it was pretty high. We shall see