FL RN Salaries....yes another salary thread lol - page 2
by luv4nursing 22,158 Views | 28 Comments
I know that salary is discussed on here all the time and ppl get tired of answering questions....but my question is more in regards to what one makes as a new grad RN and how their pay increases from that point. Does pay... Read More
- 0Jan 1, '07 by luv4nursingQuote from FLOBRNWould u mind saying which hospital u work at? Also, what is RNC? Sorry Im slow...just came home from the neverending shift lol.Hi
Our new grads start around $20/hr.
Our w/e night differential is $5/hr. During the week I believe it is $3.50..dont have a check stub in front of me.
If you get your RNC, your base rate goes up $1.50/hr.
I'm in central Florida.
- 0Jan 2, '07 by FLOBRNHi, sorry I was having problems with the login.
At any rate, I work at Winter Haven hospital.
As stated above, the RN,C is for Registered Nurse Certified. You can find info at NCCnet.org. Be aware there are TWO different agencies offering certification. Everyone where I am goes through NCC. There is also one offered under the umbrella of the ANA. They are changing their terminology to call you RN-BC ie RN Board Certified. I haven't investigated the difference in the exams or costs yet but will shortly as I am going for the inpatient OB exam.
Hope this helps.
FLOBRNLast edit by FLOBRN on Jan 16, '07
- 0Jan 7, '07 by London007Yeah your right. An LPN makes $16/$17 starting off with no experience. But a RN starts off at $21 in FL hospitals, if you take full benefits. It's $26 without any benefits. My mom is the Nursing Supervisor at a FL hospital, that's how I know this.But just remember that most hospitals are "fazing" out LPN's in the hospitals.
- 0Jan 14, '07 by yajairaive been an RN almost 3 years now...when I started I think I saw the start out basic pays for all the local places and it ranged from around $15-$17 an hour of course there would be a few bucks difference for nights/weekends.
I can also say working nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime helped me clear about 60K so its definitely doable...of course I was working full time at one place and pool somewhere else.
thats in tampa bay....so good luck the money is definitely out there
- 0Jan 14, '07 by busylady61[quote=yajaira;2017402]I can also say working nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime helped me clear about 60K so its definitely doable...of course I was working full time at one place and pool somewhere else. [quote]
With only three years of experience you were able to pull in that kind of money? Granted it was overtime/holidays as you mentioned.
That is almost double what I make as a public school teacher.
I currently work evenings and holidays for free ...that would be on my lessons and grading papers....lol
Wow.... I cannot wait to get started!!! :spin:Last edit by busylady61 on Jan 14, '07