My girlfriend is an RN in Florida. We are planning to move in together soon, but she has a very warranted concern about my recreational cannabis use. I would never want to do anything that I think may jeopardize her career, but I would also prefer to continue my vice.
Here is some background:
- She is a BSN, and intends to eventually persue higher nursing education
- We would have a total of 5 adults living in the house
- The substance would be kept in an extra bedroom, in a place she would never see it or know it existed. (I realize this sounds like I am hiding it from her. We have talked about this problem and I am open about everything I am doing, I just want to provide her with plausible deniability)
- She would never be around the substance, in use or in storage
I have a few questions I am hoping someone can answer:
- Has anyone had a similar experience to this, especially if law enforcement was involved at some point?
- In Florida, once a nurse has obtained his/her license, what drug related offenses can cause it to be revoked or suspended? I found that a single drug related misdemeanor (even in the past 3 years) will still allow you to obtain your license without a BOH review, but I am wondering if this changes after the license is received?
- If a nurse is involved with a legal infraction, at what point of the process can a nurse's license be suspended / revoked, in Florida? (Arrest, charge, or conviction?)
- Can you think of any other useful information that you think could be related?
Please don't overload this thread with responses about me using illegal drugs. I am aware of, and prepared to face, the health and legal implications this can have on my life; however, I want to make sure both my girlfriend and I understand the risks I would be posing to her.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!