Callin all Floridians.....need some moving info pleaseRegister Today!
- by nursedawn67 Feb 25, '05I am planning on relocating to Florida and I am an LPN. So I have a few questions if anyone feels they can help me out....I really can use a buddy already there to help get prepared for the move.
I have been reading some want ads and I see LPN III and LPN II...what is the difference?
What is an average pay in the nursing homes down there in Florda, I currently here in Michigan make $16.49/hr in LTC.
What are some of the nursing homes around Dade City..or in that vicinity?
Thanks for any help given!
- 769 Views
- Feb 25, '05 by nursedawn67gentle bump
- Feb 25, '05 by Monica RN,BSNIn my part of Florida LPN's make around 14.00 an hour (Ocala) and LPN II is an IV certified LPN, LPN III has IV skills, and ACLS. There are not many LPN;s in critical care settings in our area though. Our hospitals and Nursing centers have LPN's. There never seems to be a shortage of a job, just a shortage of nurses. Pay in the south is not as good as pay in the north.
Hope that helps some.
- Feb 25, '05 by nursedawn67Quote from Monica RN,BSNIn my part of Florida LPN's make around 14.00 an hour (Ocala) and LPN II is an IV certified LPN, LPN III has IV skills, and ACLS. There are not many LPN;s in critical care settings in our area though. Our hospitals and Nursing centers have LPN's. There never seems to be a shortage of a job, just a shortage of nurses. Pay in the south is not as good as pay in the north.
Hope that helps some.
This does help alot, thank you for your reply. I am interested in Nursing homes too, if you know of any good ones or anyone I can get in contact with that would be great and if not thanks anyhow for your reply and help.
- Mar 27, '05 by nursedawn67Hey all....new info on my relocation process. So far I have had 2 job offers...which are well aware that I may not move until June and both have told me "we will have a job for you whenever you get down here." So that is great and the pay is pretty much what I make here in Michigan...actually hourly it is less but yearly it is more. That's always good. I pretty much know what job I will take it is at a nursing home (which is what I have done for years and intend on doing for many more). They even let my mom go tour the place to give me a report on how it looks, in fact they were inpressed that I did that and not just took the job "blind". So anyhow for all of you that have sent me info and good wishes on the relocating...THANK YOU! :icon_hug:
- Mar 27, '05 by TweetyGood luck. Where I work LPN II's don't have to have ACLS. They do have to pass meds, and do IV therapy. I work in a hospital and we don't have any LPN I's, except for the brief amount of time after they graduate. I'm not sure about the pay, but in LTC they make more than in hospitals.
Congrats on the new job!
- Apr 12, '05 by ButterflyRN04I have a friend who makes about 25$ as an LPN through an Agency here in Miami and she was working in a nursing home. Working with an agency might be an option for you