Broward College August 2013 - page 14
by Fearless_leader 56,315 Views | 396 Comments
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm starting this thread for students looking to start(ing), and (or) finishing there pre's by spring of 2013 at Broward College. Also for those who are entering (or) looking to enter the Nursing... Read More
- 0Apr 8, '13 by rndreamer30Quote from Yankeesgirl907I have a friend who got accepted for Fall 2013 with a 3.3 gpa and a 3.5 in the pre-reqs. Chemistry kill me also. I got a C but i also had a horrible professor. Thats the only C I have on my transcript. Nova usually works fast and give notice of interview within 2-3 week after receiving application and all documents
I hope I get in ! my overall GPA is a 3.4 but my pre-req GPA is a 3.67. My grades did not post yet for winter 2013 at Broward, they will at the end of April, I hope this won't bring my GPA down...Chem1032 is hard as hell. Stupid Mastering Chemistry assignments are killing me and that's supposed to be to boost the grade according to the teacher. I hope they even look at me with this GPA !
- 0Apr 8, '13 by Yankeesgirl907Quote from rndreamer30I have a friend who got accepted for Fall 2013 with a 3.3 gpa and a 3.5 in the pre-reqs. Chemistry kill me also. I got a C but i also had a horrible professor. Thats the only C I have on my transcript. Nova usually works fast and give notice of interview within 2-3 week after receiving application and all documents
ok so maybe I feel a little better about it ! I have all A's and B's so I try real hard to keep it that way and even getting a B makes me mad!! Did you do the interview yet? can someone please explain what exactly this is , I know what an " interview" is but what exactly are they looking for here? and this could potentially be a deal breaker for me correct? if they don't like my interview I don't get in I guess...ugh stressful !
- 1Apr 9, '13 by Hope2bPicuRNQuote from Yankeesgirl907You're very welcome and I hope you get accepted!I applied to Nova last night !!! Why did I not do this before?! All you need is a 3.0 to apply ! I would much rather go to Nova than Chamberlain so I hope I get in. I registered for MAC1105,DEP2004,PSY2012, ENC1102 in Broward to take over the summer but I hope these credits transfer to Nova !!! Actually I hope I am not taking on too many classes that I don't even need. I was taking these because I know for a fact FIU, FAU and Chamberlain require the same classes...as for Nova...their course codes are completely different so I hope to hear from admissions soon. Like an idiot I applied for " Entry Level BSN" and not " Pre-Nursing" because I am missing just a few of Nova's pre reqs but I am almost there!!! I hope they at least place me in the Pre Nursing program and not turn me away because I applied for the incorrect program ...ugh. I want to thank you though for mentioning this to me because I really don't think I would of looked into it ! The hell with Broward at this point..it's a shame because I finished ALL of my classes I needed to get into Broward and even was accepted to Phi Theta Kappa
- 0Apr 9, '13 by FutureNurseS.BrownQuote from Yankeesgirl907Hello everyone , I've been MIA for a while, and am now catching up with you all.Oh ! Gotcha, no was not LC ... Was LB actually. All I know is Mastering Chemistry will be the death of me and I can't wait until this is over in two weeks
Yankeesgirl907, have you taken Micro. yet? If not let this be a warning, it is HARD. I took Chemistry online with LB and it was a piece of cake compared to Micro. This is just my opinion, another person may say Micro was easy to them. Good luck!Last edit by FutureNurseS.Brown on Apr 9, '13
- 0Apr 9, '13 by Yankeesgirl907Quote from FutureNurseS.BrownI originally signed up for Micro to take over the summer but then dropped the class because I would literally be in class M,T,W,T and I'm getting married in May so I would be missing classes. I decided that if I take It in the fall I would have more options available like timing wise .. Maybe on the weekend or something. Actually I did not pass the HESI by 4 points. I got an 81 and they made the score 85. I'm done with Broward, I applied to Nova so I hope and pray I get in there... This 6 month waiting period to take the HESI again in BC is absolutely CRAZY. I'm not wasting away a year on nothing . Did you take it yet ?
Hello everyone , I've been MIA for a while, and am now catching up with you all.
Yankeesgirl907, have you taken Micro. yet? If not let this be a warning, it is HARD. I took Chemistry online with LB and it was a piece of cake compared to Micro. This is just my opinion, another person may say Micro was easy to them. Good luck!
- 0Apr 9, '13 by alokiheathFutureNurseS.Brown
What are your plans for school? When do you plan to attend and where? Is your GPA competitive and did you take the HESI?
Since this is a blog about BC program I would love to hear from anyone that wants to apply for broward, any insight to the HESI and would like to hear from anyone who is in nursing at broward now.