Broward College August 2011 - Page 3Register Today!
- Wow!!! finally a group where I fit in! lol...I'm taking A&P2 and chem as well. Only that I'm taking it at Miami Dade college. However, I'm thinking that I should apply for the fall 2011 at BCC, otherwise; I'll need to wait to January 2012 to enter the MDC nursing program. Also, I haven't taken the hesi yet. Maybe I should start preparing for it since NOW. Good luck to everyone.
- Is Micro one of the pre-requisits of the nursing program? I'm checking the admission information and don't see it there.
- Ohh!! Ok! thanks for the info. I will be taking it this summer.
- Jan 28, '11 by goldenjewel18Sunshinegirl where are you taking your hep shots at and how much did they cost? I just applied for the May 2011 program and waiting to see if i was accepted so getting started on the shots sounds like a great idea!
- Jan 31, '11 by sunshinegirlFloridaQuote from goldenjewel18I am just getting them done at my Drs. office. I am doing the series of 3 shots every 2-3 months. I am paying either $60 or $80 per shot. I am not sure because I did my TB shot as well. I just ordered my first pair of nursing shoes and I am very excited! I hope you get into the May term! That is right around the cornerSunshinegirl where are you taking your hep shots at and how much did they cost? I just applied for the May 2011 program and waiting to see if i was accepted so getting started on the shots sounds like a great idea!
- Feb 2, '11 by goterojrQuote from sunshinegirlFloridaI am just getting them done at my Drs. office. I am doing the series of 3 shots every 2-3 months. I am paying either $60 or $80 per shot. I am not sure because I did my TB shot as well. I just ordered my first pair of nursing shoes and I am very excited! I hope you get into the May term! That is right around the corner
I got the Hep B at the Department of Health for $47. Its cheaper than what I have heard elsewhere. The only downside is the long lines, but its guaranteed that they will have it. My PCP didnt have it when I went to him.
- Feb 10, '11 by yisy4uHi guys! I'd like to know what other shots do we need beside of the Hep B.
- Feb 10, '11 by goterojrQuote from yisy4uBroward College requires you to have proof of the following:Hi guys! I'd like to know what other shots do we need beside of the Hep B.
-Mantoux PPD-Tuberculin Test (Required Annually)
-Tetanus/Diptheria (Required within the last ten years)
- Feb 10, '11 by Mel328The HESI was a piece of cake... The math was EXTREMELY basic. Adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing fractions and decimals. A few simple word problems. A couple of ratios. Know how many pints in a quart, quarts in a gallon, etc... I believe it was all american/american, metric/metric, but not 100% sure. Nothing higher than 8th grade math, though.
The vocab/grammar section will be a challenge if you are not a native English speaker, but a native speaker should score within range pretty easily as long as they know general punctuation and grammar rules. I do remember there were at least three mistakes on the test in this section, though. I have a masters in Linguistics and have been teaching advanced grammar and writing on a university level for years and there was an example where the definition of the word was NOT among the choices nor was anything even close to it. There was a question about punctuation where there were two perfectly correct answers and another that had a mistake, but I don't remember what it was.
I remember there was also a question in the anatomy section that was asking for the hormone produced by a certain part of the body. There were two hormones produced by this particular organ and BOTH of them were among the choices. Other than that question, the anatomy section was pretty straightforward if you remember your basic concepts. There was nothing extremely in depth.
The reading comp section is reading comp... same stuff you've been doing your whole life.
I had to take this test twice since I was applying to both FAU and Broward. I was EXTREMELY upset to find out that they apparently don't change the test each time you take it. I took the same exact test, word for word, for both schools. Seemed like a huge waste of time and money to me, but I guess that might benefit some people.