Anyone work at Allchildren's Hospital in St. Pete?Register Today!
- by RN Sam Jan 8, '12I just applied to their RN residency program! Although I applied to the OR, I just wanted to hopefully hear from some nurses who work there. I have heard many great things about it.
- 4,956 Views
- Jan 11, '12 by NRSNFLQuote from CNA SamI had a friend from nursing school here locally get into the program....she loved it. She did CVICU and now she's doing other stuff and has transferred to different departments over time. She really loves it there. I used to work there, but I worked there long before I was even in nursing school forget about after I graduated.I just applied to their RN residency program! Although I applied to the OR, I just wanted to hopefully hear from some nurses who work there. I have heard many great things about it.
- May 13, '12 by lcastil1Aloha RN Sam,
I am new at this website and have stumbled upon your post about All Children's Hospital and their RN Residency Program. I am highly interested in this program and am planning to relocate to Florida around October in hopes of being a part of the next residency class in November. Seeing that you have been accepted into the program, I was wondering what is the process of applying and how competitive is it? I really would like the opportunity to be a part of this program as I am interested in Pediatrics. I have yet to obtain my Florida state license but have my Hawaii state license pulling my hair out trying to find a job out here lol. Therefore I am hoping that relocating to Florida will be a better career choice for me. So far, I am liking what All Children's Hospital RN residency program has to offer and am really hoping to get in. Please let me know any further information about this program, when I should start applying, what the program is like and what to expect, and any other hospitals around the area that offer new grad RN programs. Sorry for soo many questions. It will be my first time moving out of the islands and I just don't want to be moving out there without a job guaranteed. I will be calling HR for more information next week about the All Childrens program. Congratulations and best of luck to you and mahalo for your help!
- May 13, '12 by funnywomanI wanna say I heard they accept about 10-15% of the 100-150 that apply. I am interested but, they really are off the mark with the Aug start date for May graduates.
- May 13, '12 by lcastil1Thank you for the info funnywoman!
I checked the website and see that they have another residency class on November 5th. Hopefully we have a chance then.
- May 14, '12 by RN SamQuote from funnywomanActually, seats for NCLEX fill up pretty fast around here. I took it three weeks before the proof of licensure date so it's a good thing.I wanna say I heard they accept about 10-15% of the 100-150 that apply. I am interested but, they really are off the mark with the Aug start date for May graduates.
- May 14, '12 by funnywomanRN Sam are you working at All children's now?
- May 14, '12 by littlenurse21Does anyone know if the RN residency program considers Associate Degree graduates? I currently have a Bachelors of Science in Nutrition. And am enrolled in an online RN to BSN program.
- May 15, '12 by RN SamYes they do hire ASNs. Majority of the ASNs worked here as techs though.
- May 15, '12 by littlenurse21Hi RN Sam,
Thanks for the response to your post. Since you are in the program, would you be able to offer any insight? I've noticed that the last few classes have recruited for about 12-18 spots only. Any idea if this is the case for the August class? Lastly, any pointers on what they're looking for in the application pool? Does the application require an essay?
I plan calling All Children's tomorrow to get more information regarding the application process.
Thanks so much for your time.