Accepted to the LPN program in FL - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 15 by VictoriaFL84sorry didn't see these til now!
What kind of stethoscope did you purchase for school? I bought a Littman Cardiology iii which I love!
1-how much time do you spend studying: In varies, in the beginning during A&P A LOT! Several hours a day. After A&P just a few hours a week. But I am in the part time program.. I've heard full time does nothing but study
2-are clinical's as tough as everyone says they are: not for me. I really enjoy clinicals and all my nurses have been excellent so far. It IS tough waking up at 5am or earlier and doing 12 hour shifts for free though
3-does lake tech allow laptops in the classroom: yes! most of us bring in laptops or ipads to make notes during class
4-are you allowed to have any colored stethoscope or does it have to be black? any color! Mine is pink
5-where you able to find white scrubs that are not completely see through? I actually bought mine from Walmart. You are supposed to wear underwear that matches your skin color under them
- Jan 15 by rachel8908Thats alright I figured you would answer when you got time!!
I am getting a Littman Classic II, I have heard very good things about it, it's going to be purple!,
Thanks for answering my questions, it makes me feel more comfortable just knowing those little things!
- Jan 17 by DRC6262VictoriaFL84, Hi! I'm applying for the full-time program beggining in July. I was hoping you could share your experiences and possibly some tips that helped you during your interview. Any help is greatly appreciated!
- Jan 18 by VictoriaFL84Quote from DRC6262Good luck! Relax, and be yourself. Be well spoken, educated, dress to impress (don't show up in a ratty t-shirt, jeans and flip flops.. you'd be surprised). Sell yourself on why you would make a great asset to the school! Explain the passion behind why you want to be a nurse. You'll do great I'm sureVictoriaFL84, Hi! I'm applying for the full-time program beggining in July. I was hoping you could share your experiences and possibly some tips that helped you during your interview. Any help is greatly appreciated!
- Jan 19 by DRC6262Thanks, ladies! I'll definitely keep that in mind!
- Jan 19 by VictoriaFL84
- Jan 24 by karleeek1992Just wanted to say, I found this extremely helpful! Just took my TEAS today, hopefully I'll get that interview! It was very difficult! I scored well above the program mean thank goodness!
- Feb 23 by Stephanie143Im also starting the program on March 14th! & i also have my associates and plan on going through the LPN-RN program right after. My best friend is currently in the PT program and i believe she graduates in November also!! Shes helped me a lot through this whole process and im pretty sure when we start they will inform us of everything that's needed. I have to go uniform shopping soon she told me about a store in Clermont. Clinical's will be Mon-Wed and i believe we have class Thur & Fri. It shouldn't be too bad just some dedication and studying a few hours. She still has a normal life. It'll be a little more tough for us because its full time but shouldn't be that bad.