Is 2 hr medical error c.e course requirement??Register Today!
- by breeqt Jun 23, '08I'm trying to register to sit for the nclex and came across a section on the application
stating I would need 2 hrs of c.e. to take the exam. I tried registering for the exam on nurse.com but need a license number to even register. what the heck is going on???????
MANDATORY CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENT Completion of a two-hour course on Prevention of Medical Errors is required prior to licensure. This course must be from an approved Florida Board of Nursing provider.
I attest I have completed a 2 hour course in the Prevention of Medical Errors as required by Florida
I have NOT completed a 2 hour course in the Prevention of Medical Errors as required by Florida Statute and I understand that I will not be made eligible to take the exam until I submit proof of completion.
- Jun 23, '08 by APBT momYou should have taken that in school. We were given little certificates for that and the others as proof in case we get audited by the BON. Call the school you graduated from and ask for a copy to keep just in case. Just click that you've taken it if you're sure that you have you don't have to send proof unless they send you something asking you specifically for it.
- Aug 5, '08 by Misty1334I just took mine online at www.nurse.com/ce
60033d ·2.0 hrs
Preventing Medical Errors: Florida Requirement
They have the HIV, and Domestic Violence courses too. I pd $34.- for unlimited "State Req'd" courses. You download PDFs for the courses, read over them, and then take the test - no time limit. When you're finished you just save the PDF certificate for your records. It does ask you for a license number after the test - I just typed in "STUDENT" and it took it.
Hope this helps !
- Dec 5, '09 by laura24aHi! I was actually wondering this too... I am about to graduate and I'm not quite sure what do to first. I printed out the FL state app., now do I send this out first or complete the 2 hr med error course online? (The appplication asks if you have completed the course). As someone mentioned above, it asks for a license number.
Does anyone know?
- Dec 6, '09 by misswhitneyI thought that I did not take it either, but apparently, it is intwined throughout the nursing program. Call your program, or ask your professor just to be sure, but you should be okay. =)
- Dec 7, '09 by laura24aThanks! I wasn't aware of that but I don't think that applies to me because I am graduating from a nursing school in NY and I don't believe I ever took it. Do you know if it's true that you need a license number to complete the course online?
- Dec 7, '09 by misswhitneyI don't think so. Are you trying to apply to get your license through Florida?
- Dec 8, '09 by laura24aYes, I just graduated from a nursing school in NY, I am going to apply for my nursing license in Florida. I'm pretty confused about this all :-/ I'm not quiet sure what to do first.
- Dec 8, '09 by misswhitneyI would talk to an advisor or call the FL BON. I am pretty sure if you had dosage calc tests, that that counts and they did not ask me for any proof (not sure if my nursing school sent it to them or not).
- Dec 9, '09 by Ace587RNusually the school has it, i would request a copy from them