The FLight Nurse certification is not required. There are a number of web pages that have "so you want to be a fllight nurse" pages. Just do a search under "flight nurse". From my experience these are the things you should have before applying to flight nurse positions.
1. Registered Nurse
2. Critical Care Experience (prop get you farther than ER experience)
3. EMT Certification
4. EMT-Paramedic may be needed depending on the service you want to work for
7. Advaned Burn Life Support
8. Pediatric ad neonatal Advanced Life Support
9. Specialty Nurse Certification (CEN, CCRN, Etc.)
Then after you've flown you can take the CFRN exam
Then there is alway take a commision in the US Air Force and hope that you can get a flight school slot.
Craig A Button, RN CEN