To work or not to workRegister Today!
- by USA987 Jan 4, '03For those of you who have graduated...
Did any of you find that not working while in school made it more difficult for you to find a job upon graduation?? I'm in school full-time with a 6 & 7 yr. old...my hubby is in the Navy so he's always gone...working proved to be too much...I need to save all my babysitting favors for days that I'm in clinicals late!
I am an LVN but have only worked in Psych. When I graduate with my ADN in June, I don't want to continue in that area. We are moving right after graduation to a new state so I can't even network during preceptorship in Apr/May.
Any advice would be appreciated.
- 1,017 Views
- Jan 4, '03 by RNonsenseHi USA...I really think you will be alright. There is enough of a shortage that you should get hired PDQ
- Jan 4, '03 by DIPLOMATICRN4HIREYou will be fine just keep up with whats new and You will be hired in your new state without problems you will considered a New Grad with exp as LPN. Dont worry you will do fine.
There will be someone so glad to see you in your new town, and so ready to hire you.
- Jan 5, '03 by USA987Thanks for the encouragement. Just trying to stay on top of things. I feel like I have overcome so much to get to this point. I don't want to lose momentum or faith!!!
I've already contacted the state we'll be moving to and I received their info. so I'll be able to take the NCLEX there.
- Jan 5, '03 by RNonsenseThat's awesome! Keep us posted how things go, k?