Took NCLEX this morning...shut off at 75..HELP!Register Today!
- by Red251078 Jan 20, '04I took the NCLEX this morning and it shut off at 75! I took the Kaplan Review course...and answered close to 3,000 questions before I took it today and I still feel horrible. I left feeling like I didn't know any of the questions. I kept thinking what if I am getting the "easy questions" and I'm getting all of them wrong?! Has anyone taken the boards in KY.......has anyone been able to get the results back faster than 48 hrs?? Any suggestions or encouragement would greatly help!! Thanks.
- 2,958 Views
- Jan 20, '04 by memphispandaI took the NCLEX this morning also. Shut off at 75. Didn't know a darn thing. I don't know what level questions I was getting...I took Hurst review and none of the questions seemed like the higher level questions, some I *know* were lower level. I feel horrible, and they told us it would take close to a month to get results. A month of wondering--we don't have those fast results available to us in TN.
I had a lot of "which patient would you assess first" questions, a lot of renal, and NONE of the new format questions.
- Jan 20, '04 by iliangyou scared me guys...im planning to take the nclex on march and just reading your posts made my heart beats faster as if I'm the one who took it..wish you the best
- Jan 20, '04 by JacelRNHi Red251078,
Trust that you did well. It is a good sign when you walk out of there feeling like you knew nothing! That means they really had to dig deep to find your weaknesses. You most probably aced it. Also, you prepared well and it is an intense test. Trust yourself.
About the results. I know that in Ohio you can call or do the online results in 2 business days. Kentucky should be the same but the best bet is to call the Kentucky board of nursing and ask, or heck even call Pearson. You may have to pay but its worth the anxiety decrease.
We're all here for you, praying for your success. Hang in there, I KNOW waiting is the worst part but know you did well.
P.S. If you had delegations, prioritizing type questions those are higher level questions and mean you're on the right path.
- Jan 20, '04 by mitekI think every state uses the Pearson testing group because it's a national nursing boards standardized test. If that's the case, anybody should be able to get their results in 48 hours from Pearson.
Could be wrong though. Just a thought.
- Jan 20, '04 by frdsgrl11Hello all, I took the PN-NCLEX on the 10th, & still waiting for my results. Being in California, we have to wait. Mine shut off @ 85 ??'s. I also left there feeling like whoa..what just happened there. Keep us update on your results!!!! And so will I..
- Jan 21, '04 by Fgr8OutWe were one of the first group to ever take the computerized tests. Mine shut off at 75.... I'm about to celebrate my 10th year as an RN. I feel fairly secure in saying "welcome"
- Jan 21, '04 by usameisjeTry not to panic....I just took my test this morning and got shut off at 75 as well.
I got lots of questions about ESRD and normal physiologic changes in older people like sight and taste. All of my psych questions were about schizophrenia.
I got done in 45 minutes, so I either went down in flames or I did great... my last 15 questions were all "what should you do first" or "who needs to be seen first", or patient teaching.
I have a feeling that if you prepared for the test, and usually do well on exams that the result will be what you want!
- Jan 21, '04 by NurseDixieI'm scheduled to take the NCLEX on 2-2-04, I also took the Kaplan review in Louisville in December. I am continuing to do practice questions. Good luck to everyone and wish me luck on the 2nd.
Dixie 12-03 grad from WVU-P
- Jan 21, '04 by memphispandaLexi--your questions sound a lot like mine. All those schizophrenics were making me feel a bit schizo! LOL