TIPS & TRICKS-first nursing interview ep. 104
I'm interviewing today! Come with me and lets cross our fingers
I had my first interview for a nursing position on the Cardiac/Tele Unit!! WHOOP WHOOP! Enjoy these TIPS & TRICKS for your interview!
- Bring extra resumes and references!! (put them in a folder).
- Dress to impress!!
- Research the facility and prep
- Bring a calendar in case you need to know specific date
Some questions I was asked during my interview were:
- "Tell me of a time you faced a challenge, how you handled it and how did you mediate it?" (They asked me this question right away...threw me off guard).
- What are your short term goals and long term goals?
- What are two things your best friend would say to describe you?
Questions I wrote down to ask:
- PT to Nurse ratio?
- How long is the training/orientation process?
- What hours are the shifts?
- What are some challenges on your unit?
- What are you looking for in a nurse leader?
Will I get offered the position??? We will have to wait and see...
Please watch the video, the answers to my questions are in the description box. Please Subscribe.