Salary to expect as a new grad nurse - page 44
by ashfost 467,957 Views | 558 Comments
hello all. just readin different threads and wonderin what does the starting salary look like for a grad nurse? i live the in Atlanta area so any ball park figure will do. thanks!... Read More
- 0Jun 18, '09 by nnicoleeQuote from MrsRNn2009wow! 72k?!?! That sounds like an amazing job. Are you planning on being a CRNA?Got a job at Children Hospital Orange County, Ca in the Cardiovascular ICU (peds) @ about $72,000/ year with a nice $6/hr night diff. My dream job
just have to pass boards now
- 0Jun 18, '09 by nnicoleeQuote from MrsRNn2009I'm starting my pre-reqs in a few weeks for my BSN but when I complete my BSN in 3 years I plan on working in the ICU for 1-2 years and then hopefully applying to one of the 104 CRNA schools nationwideThanks, i think so too & i am really excited. I am passing up an opportunity at Childrens of Los Angeles in the ER for this ICU job. CRNA? no i am planning to go back and get my BSN>>>MSN (NP in pediatrics) how about u?
Btw good luck with pediatrics... that'd be very tough for me.
- 0Jun 19, '09 by EmilyLucille523"Got a job at Children Hospital Orange County, Ca in the Cardiovascular ICU (peds) @ about $72,000/ year with a nice $6/hr night diff. My dream job
just have to pass boards now"
Congrats! Sounds good but how much is your cost of living? Where I live (Iowa) I make about $20/hr + $1.00 differential to start as a new grad but my rent for a house is $350/month. We're one of the lowest paying states for nurses, #48 on the list. I guess it all evens out in the end though no matter where you live.
I would love to do peds but here they all request that you have previous experience or you had to do a peds internship during school (too late for me on that one). I just past my boards and have a job interview tomorrow for a Med/Surg job. Hope I get it but most of my class are fighting for jobs right now. The economy has hit us hard along with all the rest of the U.S..
Be happy those of you who have a job already and congrats to you too!!!
- 0Jun 19, '09 by LATOYA MCJUNKINthanks!!!!!!i am a new lpn and im confused. how much pay should i accept? i want to continue my education too. im torn between working and going back to school. im in philly and the facilities are not hiring new nurses as much. then again i cant really say that because my classmates are working. (some). im even considering getting licensed in other states too. any input is welcomed. great help!!
- 0Jun 19, '09 by Amanda1985MrsRNn2009
That is so great that you got a job. That at least gives me some hope!!! I am starting an entry level masters and will have my rn license in 16 months and I am so worried about finding a job after!! In CA I hear it is so hard to find a job.
Hopefully the job market is better here in CA by the time I have my RN license.