Parkland Critical Care Nurse Residency Sept 2012 - Page 5Register Today!
- I'm not sure I interviewed for the emergency services department residency that will start next month. There was some positions posted for the nurse internship two weeks ago. When you go onto the site search for nurse intern. I'm not sure if they are still posted or not. But it doesn't hurt to check and see.
- I wasn't sure exactly which your asking about. The internship is open to BSNs only and the residency is open to both ADNs and BSNs
- Aug 9, '12 by acsrnWow, 15 minutes? That's not long! The L&D interview slots were 30 minutes... but they did say there would be two at a time, though I didn't see the other person.
I've been really nervous! Every time my phone rings I've been running over to it. I'm even starting to play the waiting game in my dreams haha. Well, hopefully we will start hearing something (good news) soon
- Your not alone. I know it'll be end of nex week beginning of the next week but my nerves are pretty much shot lol. My poor stomach is in knots with all the what ifs running through my mind. Good luck to you as well.
- Aug 9, '12 by KaboucheI'm not sure I think it's the trauma nurse internship. I'm a BSN. Does anyone know how much are they paying at Parkland??
- Aug 9, '12 by KaboucheThank you. I will check it out
- Aug 10, '12 by NewToDallasI interviewed today in L&D. It was two of the unit managers. They started off telling me about the internship and then went into the "dreaded" questions. There was about 4 scenario based questions starting with "tell me about a time when..." My advice? Take your time and don't feel like you need to answer immediately. Process the question. They are much more impressed by a thoughtful answer that took about 10 seconds to begin than just blurting out the first thing that comes to your mind. I will tell you that the last Q was "Why should we hire you over other candidates?" At the end, the two managers walked me through the unit. I think it went pretty well : )
The med calc test was pretty straightforward. It was 40 questions and I did it in 31 minutes (you have an hour and a half) and got a 95% - just because I flew through it. If you do the practice test they give you, it will be a breeze. Just read the Q carefully to make sure you know what they're asking. The math is not tricky.
As far as pay goes, for new grads its $24.52 hourly, with the following differentials: $2.75 2nd shift, $3.50 3rd shift, and $6.00 weekends.
Best wishes to us all! Keep us posted if you hear anything!
- Aug 10, '12 by KaboucheWOW $24.00????? Thanks for the info. I'm in NY and thought about making a change since I'm a new grad and having a little trouble getting a job. My classmates are starting at around $47/hr. I wish you the best of luck, hope you get the job!!
- Aug 10, '12 by HopingICUHi all!
I just wanted to bump this, and keep up to date on when everyone starts getting offers. I interviewed for the SICU this week. I was told by a floor staff nurse they have three days they interview, and it they are full day events. I am not sure if this is accurate, as someone else posted that the residencies hold interviews from August 7-13. I am so excited, and trying not to go crazy thinking about it. I want a spot sooooo bad! Good luck guys .
- Aug 10, '12 by babigrlI can't speak on all the other critical care are but I interviewed for the ER and the 7th-13th was the only days they were interviewing for that particular residency. But I'm waiting to hear back whether I got a spot or not. I'm hoping and praying I did because I really want to work in the ER. But good luck to everyone who reads or participates in this thread.