Parkland Critical Care Nurse Residency Sept 2012 - Page 10Register Today!
- Aug 19, '12 by NewToDallasYeah, this site is awesome! Welcome! : ) Its my understanding that the contract is a mandatory thing - that if you are offered the internship, the 2 year contract is expected of you. I found out on Friday that I wasn't selected for the L&D position...which is for sure disheartening, but I'm certain God has something else up his sleeve. My husband is probably relocating next summer for his job, so maybe this is best. : )
- Aug 19, '12 by newdaisyRNThank you NewtoDallas, and I'm sorry you didn't get the L&D position. I completely agree with you. God is ultimately in control. Keep your faith strong, and He will place you exactly where He wants you.Last edit by janfrn on Aug 19, '12 : Reason: text-speak
- Aug 19, '12 by rosern1I was wondering if anybody has any idea of what our schedule might be like... If its a monday-friday thing or 3 12 hrs a week... I would love to know what to expect on scheduling...
- Aug 20, '12 by acsrnI didn't get it either I am going to reapply next time and I have faith that the right thing will happen at the right time.
- Aug 20, '12 by Womb ServiceHas everyone heard back either yes or no? I applied for the L&D residency and haven't heard either way yet. Hoping that is good news!!
- Aug 20, '12 by HopingICUWell that is interesting. I have not heard they decide after your training if they want to offer you a contract. I thought we would be signed in before they train us at all. Also, I was told by recruiter to call her back within the week to get the paperwork started etc... I called, and not have heard back. Which is weird bc she was very clear on giving me her number and making sure I call her. I also got some kind of mass email from Parkland (not my recruiter) saying that I am not being considered for the SICU late Friday night. YET, I was given and offer, and accepted on Tuesday. I have no idea what to do, and on pins and needles here.
- Aug 20, '12 by HopingICUYou may have just gotten some random mass email like me? Or did you get a phone call?
- Aug 20, '12 by Womb ServiceIf you applied to more than one posting then you will get a denial for the other postings. Don't worry too much about it.
- Aug 20, '12 by babigrlI think they've already interviewed and made offers for L&D already well at least from some of the previous posts that's what was said
- Aug 20, '12 by newdaisyRNI'm starting to think that I dreamed up the phone call friday offering me a spot . I called my recruiter today and emailed her asking her what the next steps are. I would also like to know what kind of schedule we will have... I have not heard back from her yet though. I was experiencing tunnel vision when she called, so I don't remember much after we hung up.
Maybe I just misunderstood in the interview about how the residency works. I understood it that as long as you do what is expected, and pass the classroom portion along with the clinical portion, the contract is offered. So it seems now we wait for further instruction.
Are any of the ED residents going to prepare? If so, how? what reading material? I thought I could brush up on commonly seen issues seen in the ED, and being the nerd that I am, I also bought a book specifically for Emergency Nursing. I just want to start already.