No return call from nurse manager, should I keep calling? - Page 3Register Today!
- Nov 4, '09 by xNurse415XQuote from caliotter3How recent was this? Because all the jobs I have applied to are all online??? Should I visit the HR and try and talk to the nurse recruiter and cross my fingers that the same happens to me????I went in person to apply for a job one time. The reception person excused themselves for a short time. I noticed a lady come toward the office. What I did not know at the time (but something gave me an inkling), was that she was the DON and she came to the office to clandestinely look me over. I was interviewed, then hired. When you go in person, you give yourself an advantage over just sending some sheets of paper that can be lost, misplaced, ignored, or tossed. I always go in person to apply for jobs.
- Nov 4, '09 by prinsessaAll the jobs I have applied to are also on line. I tried to go into several hospitals to apply in person and they just directed me to a computer to do what I could have done at home. Total waste of time!
- Nov 4, '09 by xNurse415XQuote from prinsessaOMG this sux!!!! What are we supposed to do???? I'm afraid that i've lost most if not all my skills i've learned. IS there any nurse manager or recruiter that can advice us New Grads and those looking for jobs on what we should do?!?!?!?!All the jobs I have applied to are also on line. I tried to go into several hospitals to apply in person and they just directed me to a computer to do what I could have done at home. Total waste of time!
- Dec 19, '09 by elprupI am going to go down to hospital I really want to work at and go for it. Thanks for the advice and kick in the butt.
- Dec 26, '09 by Katie5Why call?You work at the place right?Go there in person.
To get what you want, you must do what you have never done.Take the bull by the horn and do a casual drop by( with all your particulars)
- Seems it is the standard now-a-days. Over the past month to month and a half I have applied to oh... probably 6, or so jobs. Only jobs I know I am qualified for. I have a strong resume, I have the qualifications they are asking for. I write a cover letter for each position (not just a generic one). No phone call back for an interview. So yes a wait a few days and follow up with a phone call. Only one time I got the person I nneded to talk to; in which she replied "oh we have been swamped with applications for this position". We will get back with you" what was your name again". Another week goes by for this job. I called the facility and was told by receptionist no one hsd been hired yet. I said ok thank you very much and left it at that. NEVER HEARD FROM THEM ONE WAY OR ASNOTHER. Ok so the other apps./resumes I have sent, dropped off or faxed (whichever). I have not gotten a call back for any interview. I have proof read, spelling and grammer are all good. My refernces on my resume would never say a negatove word about me. I am not sure what the heck. I know HR, DON's and ADON's are busy people. But where's the respect? It's quite frustrating
- PS The none women I did get to talk when I followed up to was the one who said they were swamped with applications, asked my name again and that don't worry someone would get back to me either way. Another week goes by I called and asked receptioniest if job had been filled without giving my name. Receptiioniest stated "no one yet". I thanked her, hung up and waited and waird. NO CALL BACK.
- Prinsessa, I agree with this as well. Job hunting these days is SO VERY impersonal!! This has been another oet peeve of mine while looking for a job.