New Grad needs helpRegister Today!
- by anneflorence Dec 10, '12I graduated this past may with a BSN in nursing, and still can't find anything up here in Mass, tried every type of place, nursing homes, hospitals, community centers, beginning to think there's no hope? I even tried applying to nurses aide jobs!
- 847 Views
- Dec 10, '12 by PediLove2147I started in private duty nursing and after a year was able to transfer to the hospital.
- Dec 10, '12 by MJB2010Have any of your classmates found jobs? If they did, start asking them to help you get on board. Did you work in a hospital as an aide or anything during school? Do you have any clinical background at all? Try applying everywhere, and when I say everywhere I mean less than appealing places as well. You might need to move. Have you tried the Massachusetts board? Have you applied in LTC? Rehab? Dialysis? Blood banking? Private Duty? Are you willing to work nights? Are you willing to commute?
At this point, you should have already had a nurses aid job. Taking one now is not going to do you any good, because they will know you plan to leave. Places usually hire internal candidates first, so those that have been aides will get hired first.
- Dec 10, '12 by somenurseHave someone look over your face letter and resume, too, to see if it is as flawless and well-written and appealing as possible. There is a link across top of page, called "CAREER" which has some great articles on submitting a resume and face letter.
best of luck, don't give up!Last edit by somenurse on Dec 10, '12
- Dec 10, '12 by rushhourI am also in search of a job. Havent found anything yet and I graduated in June. Very unlucky..I guess. Although I have one interview soon to be done at chronic assissted ventilatory unit. Do you guys think I need to know anything....like what kind of procedures will there be that I need to familiarize myself with?
- Dec 11, '12 by somenurseQuote from rushhourOh good luck at the interview!! The Commuter has written 3 great articles on how to ace interviews.I am also in search of a job. Havent found anything yet and I graduated in June. Very unlucky..I guess. Although I have one interview soon to be done at chronic assissted ventilatory unit. Do you guys think I need to know anything....like what kind of procedures will there be that I need to familiarize myself with?
Here is one of the 3 articles she wrote, and the other two, are embedded into this one.
Anyway, your question might make a very good thread on it's own. Maybe not everyone will spot this entirely different question tucked into the OPs question, who knows.
Not sure if best place for your thread might be "general nursing",
or under that "Specialities" button up top of page, under "pulmonary" nursing, not sure which is best area for your own thread.
Yes, i do imagine you will have "to know anything" hee hee!! Yes, yes, you will. And hopefully, the facility will have a good mentoring program. Most places do. Bet you will do fine!
- Dec 12, '12 by misha22Check out Arbour health Systems they have walk in interviews every week/just call to schedule. I'm a new grad too and they offered me a position (turned it down because I got an offer from my senior year preceptorship unit!). Good luck!!
- Dec 12, '12 by Esme12Where are you located.....I just got a call for a nursing job fair in Lowell at a nursing home....have you tried the LTACS like kindred?