My board results - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 23, '03 by jnetteHugs to you, Peaceful.. big, WARM hugs.
Know that this is NOT the end of the world or your nursing dream.
I hate it for you (and your friend).. I TRULY do, because we all have had the same anxieties and fears... and none of us can pretend to know the depths of your disappointment.
But we CAN send you our love and our hugs, to keep you afloat in this difficult and frustrating time for you.
We're here for you anytime, ok?
- Jul 23, '03 by KatnipI'm so sorry about the exam. I can't offer any more advice that what the others said. It's only one exam, though, and you aren't alone.
Don't give up on it. You've come too far to let one setback stop you now.
- Jul 23, '03 by peaceful2100I agree it is just one exam but it is an exam that I can't stop looking at the statistics on. The fact is MOST people pass the first time around according to the Statistics from the national board council of nursing 85% pass the exam on the first try.
I am just so upset because I did so well all expect my very first semester of nursing school. I passed all the Hesi's except my first semester. Passed HESI exit exam made honor roll in school. I guess that still don't mean squat though. I am trying to hard to get over it but it is just so hard right now.
If it was not for my daughter I would probably easily given in the towel and give up but I am not for her. My daughter starts kindergarten in the fall. The public schools around here are HORRIBLE and I don't want her attending them. I have a private school already lined up for her. Even on a temporary PCT salary I will still be able to afford to send her there since I still live at home with my parents and I will be able to give my parents money each month. The only thing is I was wanting to get a new car in August or September but now that probably will have to wait. I guess the bright side of having to wait is that I can have a chance to save more money for a larger down payment and therefore decrease my monthly payment even more.
- Jul 23, '03 by geekgolightlyfirst
please dont leave these forums. we need you here. we need your success to shine when you DO pass so that you may encourage others to keep trying even if they did not pass the first time.
my heart breaks along with yours. you sound as if you have taken this task very seriously and you feel as if you did your best and you cant imagine continuing to struggle against sisyphus' rock any longer and i know that you CAN and you WILL. make each day count by working the CD's of your NCLEX study guides.. this will prep you for the computer type questions. look at the rationales of every question you miss and read it until you understand it.
i need you here so you can hold my hand in october when i take this exam for the first time. im petrified and by that time you will have already passed and you can tell me what i need to hear.
dont give up on these boards or on the state board. please.
- Jul 23, '03 by jessjoyFirst of all I want to give you a huge hug. I know this must be a stressful time for you. One of the smartest nurses I know failed her boards the first time. The boards are such a weird phenomenon and I don't think they reflect AT ALL how good a nurse someone will be. Just know that so many of us here care about you. If you EVER need someone to talk to feel free to pm me. I wish you all the best. Jess
- Jul 24, '03 by DawgsMomDear Peaceful2100 - I am so sorry and sending a big hug your way. Please don't give up. I, too, know of nurses who failed the first time around and after passing the second time, are some of the best nurses on the floor. Just take a couple of weeks to relax; enjoy time with your daughter, take long walks, etc. Then hit the books and CD's again. Before you know it, the three months will be over with and you can test again. We're all behind you and are here for you.
- Jul 24, '03 by nurseChristinePeaceful - Everyone's advice to you is great. I just want to add that I just found out that my preceptor failed on the first try. She is now an excellant nurse who is teaching others. She told me about many others who I respect who didn't pass on the first try. Please don't give up and let us know. Christine