I feel so unwantedRegister Today!
- by mstacyi Aug 17, '11So i had passed boards, but now what?? no one wants to hire me or even give me an interview
I am so disappointed! I am currently working in a hospital as a aid and it is so upsetting that my hospital dont wanna hire me I am on the float team and have been to every single med surg/ER/ICU units in my hospital and yet no one wanna give me a job. I am a good worker.. never have any warnings or write ups, always been to work on time I was only late by 1 minute once since i started, and had only had 3 call-ins in the pass nine months. So why arn't anyone giving me at least an interview??
I have applied to every single job out there. I called SNF and clinics and they said they are not hiring but i insisted on turning in my resume anyway. I applied to all the surrounding hospitals within 100miles from my home and still havent land an intereview yet.
I am even starting my RN-BSN in august and no one cares.. i hope i get a job before i complete my BSN since i only have 26 units to take.
- Aug 17, '11 by MPKHIf it is feasible for you to do so, try finding a job in small towns and rural areas. They may have more nursing jobs open than big urban areas. Maybe try tweaking your resume and cover letter too?
- Aug 17, '11 by NeoPediRNNo offense but 3 call outs in 9 months is a lot.
- Aug 17, '11 by hopefullnurse22what state are you living in?
- Aug 18, '11 by 3xmomI have to agree with NeoPediRN..........3 callouts in 9 months is quite a bit. My last job I was there for 5 years and only had 2 call outs and one of those was for a funeral of a good family friend. I'm not part of the younger generation that feels sick time is there to use just because you have it, I was taught that it is there if you NEED it.
- I lived in Cali and wow 3 callouts in 9 months is alot? i went through nursing school and worked a fulltime job during that 9 months. the call outs was because i developed a stomach ulcer and had to go to ER to get my fix of pain meds there were death in the family and i didnt take time off for that because i feared i would get a bad rap for trying to take time off.
I took a fulltime job to get my foot in the door of my hospital but guess that didnt help me either.
however, i am being a bit impatient i have only gotten my RN for almost 2 weeks. I am just discouraged because i already work in a hospital.
- @ Diffindo_lumos. Yes i have applied to all the surrounding cities which is much much smaller then my city. tonight i applied to major cities which is SF and LA. so we'll see what happens.. Thanks.
- Ok I will. Thanks!