Finally starting workRegister Today!
- by itsmejuli Apr 20, '10Yeah, after being hired at the end of February, and attending workplace orientation last month I am finally going to start working this weekend.
I'm an LPN and its been a long wait for a job. I'm thrilled! This job is going to be perfect for me. I'll be working 7a to 7p Sat and Sun which will carry me through the LPN-RN transitional program which I start in Aug. I'm also pretty well guaranteed a job with the same facility upon gaining my RN license.
I'll be working in an LTC/SNF, which is what I want to do after getting RN.
Lucky for me I have no children at home and I'm single. It'll be a bit of a change having to work weekends but it'll also be great having week days off when the parks and beaches aren't as crowded.
- Apr 20, '10 by goodstudentnowRNI am very happy for you my dear. I am an RN looking for a job for the longest time and just heard about something at a hospital. Let me keep my fingers crossed.
- Apr 20, '10 by itsmejuligood luck to you
I wanted to secure RN job before started school in Aug. There are few new grad RN jobs here.
Of course nothing in life is guaranteed, but this job sure makes me feel better.
- Apr 20, '10 by MeriwhenGood for you and congratulations!
- Apr 21, '10 by LunahRNQuote from itsmejuliI love working weekends -- Friday-Saturday-Sunday. My husband also works weekends (he's a tattoo artist, it's his busiest time), so our "weekend" is Tuesday-Wednesday. It makes life so much easier; everything from grocery shopping to scheduling doctors appointments is pretty much stress-free! Less traffic all over the place. Congrats on starting your job, and good luck with the LPN-RN!It'll be a bit of a change having to work weekends but it'll also be great having week days off when the parks and beaches aren't as crowded.