Can't find a job. New Grad RN! - Page 2Register Today!
- Thank you all. Yes I have been getting more proactive as of recently and I'm realizing I have to be patient. I've only been in the market a month which is not bad.
- Feb 1 by LadyFree28Eh...took me 8 months to find a job...start the job Monday...last nursing course Dec 2011, graduated May 2012, licensed in June, got the job the Friday before Christmas. In Philadelphia, PA. Was told when I started my BSN program it may take 18 months. I became proactive before I graduated. Asked a recruiter at a major Magnet hospital to look at my résumé at a nursing fair. I was in line with at least 200 people, I remained pt. she gave me tips on how to tweak my résumé, and what steps to take if I didn't get into a hospital job immediately. She even gave me her contact info. I plan to email her, her tips helped me land a job.
From a nurse from a area that is SATURATED with experienced as well as new grads from at least 20+ nursing schools, including NJ and DE, to a fellow nurse on the West Coast, I say to reach out to your contacts, as well as if there is a career fair, talk to the recruiter and ask her tips on improving your résumé. They may be impressed with you to keep you in mind, especially if they give you their contact info. You may land a job! Good Luck!!!
- That is amazing advice@ ladyfree28. I copied my résumé from a friend who is an NP and have been tweaking it. I have asked a few recruiters to look at my résumé and no luck. I'm going to call one who I have a good relationship with at Kaiser, and see if there's something I'm missing. Since I want to be in the ED I've been advised by her and other recruiters to continue my certifications so I will continue to do that. I'm going to sign up for TNCC. Thank you again for your advice it gives me hope.
- Feb 1 by marcos9999I know how it feels. It's like trying to fish on a lake and the fish is not biting. Then you put another bait and wait and wait but nothing. Then you move to another spot on the lake where you think you'll have more luck but nothing happens there too. Then you go home and you think, tomorrow will be better. You come back the next day with a new batch of fresh bait and nothing again. You stare at the water and you think where are the fish? In the mean while your stomach is rumbling. Needless to say you invested a whole lot of money with your fishing gear...
- Feb 1 by LadyFree28Quote from Em1322You're welcome Em1322! Continued path to your success!!! You WILL get to your destination!That is amazing advice@ ladyfree28. I copied my résumé from a friend who is an NP and have been tweaking it. I have asked a few recruiters to look at my résumé and no luck. I'm going to call one who I have a good relationship with at Kaiser, and see if there's something I'm missing. Since I want to be in the ED I've been advised by her and other recruiters to continue my certifications so I will continue to do that. I'm going to sign up for TNCC. Thank you again for your advice it gives me hope.
- Feb 1 by prnqdaySorry you are having such a hard time. Do a search on Allnurses you will find so many tips on how to get a job. I've used the tips personally and have received numerous offers and interviews, and I have an ADN. Good luck to you.
- Thank you.
- Exactly. I just met with a few nurse friends who put feelers out to all the nurses they know. Those that are in various positions. We also discussed my resume and the fact that it is two pages and should only be one. Im going to keep talking to them and nurses here and find a job. I will not give up, I went through a rigorous four year program with a family..... Good luck with the bait, I bet you will find something too. How long have you been looking? @ marcos9999
- Feb 2 by JanelegantI worked with my school's career center in order to perfect my resume. We also did a mock interview together so I could get constructive feedback on my interviewing skills. Does the school you graduated from offer this? If it does I highly recommend using this resource. It landed me a Graduate Nurse position for a Magnet Hospital and I also had other job offers on the table...I have now been employed a little over a year. Good Luck!
- Feb 2 by NursebrandnewGood idea. I will contact my schools career center and find out. Thank you. What state are you in?@janelegant