Applied to Penn, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt & Marquette...any out there familiar? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 28, '09 by dohzenOFFHmmm...this thread kind of died....
Any new updates? Decisions for Columbia are supposed to come out next week and I'm so nervous! Does anyone know when we're supposed to hear about Penn?
- Jan 28, '09 by alreesHey, I found out I got accepted to Johns Hopkins but I haven't heard from the other schools yet. I believe we should hear from Penn around the first of February so pretty soon. Have you heard anything?
- Jan 28, '09 by dohzenOFFCongrats Allison, that's awesome! I just read on the penn portal that decisions will be up on Friday at 3pm EST!!!! OMG, I'm so nervous! I'm anticipating the worst so I'm not too disappointed...
- Jan 28, '09 by alreesThanks so much!! I was definitely excited/shocked. When my phone rang yesterday and I saw it was Maryland I freaked out haha. That makes me nervous for Penn, keep me posted when you hear back. Best of luck : )
- Jan 30, '09 by alreesSo I"m speechless....I got into Penn.
- Jan 30, '09 by dohzenOFFThat's fantastic! I'm so happy for you! Are you leaning towards JHU or Penn at this point? Have you heard from any of the other schools yet?
I got wait listed. Not bad...there's still hope! I emailed Filomena to confirm my spot and asked how it works...whether it's a ranking system or placed on the list according to when you confirm your spot back. If it's the latter I might have a shot b/c I emailed her back like lightning! haha oh well more waiting for me. Congrats again Allison!
- Jan 30, '09 by MSN hopefulCongrats alrees! That is wonderful news!
I was waitlisted, as well. It certainly course be worse, but I'm so nervous. Now I am hoping we learn Columbia decisions later to give this a little more time. I can't believe we may not find out until March 31. That's a bit late.
I have the same questions about the waitlist. Does anyone know how the it works? Do we get contacted as spots open up or do they rank applicants?
As much as this is better than a flat out rejection, it certainly makes things more complicated!
- Jan 30, '09 by alreesThanks so much!! I was honestly shocked...it had to have been the interview that helped me bc my gpa/gre is nothing impressive. I have no idea what I will pick, I'm hoping I can visit again and get some advice. Keep me updated with what you guys find out about the wait list. Honestly, I think that means you have a wonderful shot at getting in!
- Jan 31, '09 by HE>iCongrats on getting into Penn. I got accepted too. I am super surprised, but excited. I only applied to schools in Philadelphia so this was definitely my first choice. I hope to start in June as long as everything transfers ok. I am a little nervous because they seem to have such strict criteria for each of course. I would hate to have to retake a bunch of classes. It would hardly seem worth it. Anyway, maybe I will be seeing you there in a few months. I wish you luck in your decision making.
- Jan 31, '09 by alreesHi Ashley! Congratulations to you too! Which program did you apply to? I will private message you my email address so we can get into contact.