What's the time frame between cpne/graduation
- 1Dec 6, '11 by frankie,RNim not complaining. i just completed the cpne. still in denial and waiting for them to call me and say they changed their mind. im also walking around the house bored to death, im so used to studying. im not compaining. i think im just in shock. i feel like ive wom the lottery and im holed up in the house hiding, waiting to claim my prize. has anyone else felt this way.anyways im sorry babble on..... but my question is ... how long do they leave in suspense as to whether or not this is real, u passed, or u were dreaming the whole thing. the website says 4-6weeks...really? thanks for any input
- 1,856 Visits
- 0Dec 6, '11 by Ronin185Great job. i was bored out of my mind when i passed. listen if they told you and congratulated you at the facility......YOU DID IT!! If you are bored you can start your resume and start making a plan of attack for looking for a job. Take some time to enjoy something NON EXCELSIOR!!! take a weekend and pamper yourself, buy a gift, something...GREAT JOB!
- 1Dec 6, '11 by BeachieRN84Congratulations frankie!!!! I completely understand. You feel like you worked sooo hard and you don't have anything to show for it yet. But you should be so proud of yourself that you passed the CPNE!!!! :-)
It takes a while. If the CPNE was your last requirement, then check the website Graduation and Beyond tab for your conferral date under where it says "CPNE cut off". I finished 9/11/11 and my conferral date was 11/18/11. It felt like FOREVER!!!!
I had everything submitted to the BON before hand and registered with Pearson Vue almost right after the CPNE was over. I got my diploma on 11/20 and I got my ATT on 11/28 (but Thanksgiving was the week before so I think that delayed it a little) and passed the NCLEX-RN on 12/1! It was very quick once it was over.
If you live in a state like Minnesota or Texas you may be able to sit for boards before conferral with a affidavit of completion.
Good luck to you!!!! Congratulations again!!!!
- 0Dec 6, '11 by BeachieRN84Quote from frankieboobooI used the 3rd edition Saunders for all my EC exams, which was my fave resource ever!! Also I looked over some Kaplan practice tests, and some flashcards. I had the Hurst review from a friend at work also but I honestly didn't use it, I lent it to a friend of mine instead. I felt like if I didn't know it after all those exams with EC I never would and I did the Kaplan review when I graduated from LPN school so I felt like I had a good idea of how to play the NCLEX game. I felt like the EC program prepares you well for NCLEX. :-)thanks BeachieRn84,
i am totally done w/the program. conferral date is 1-20-12. i'llsubmit my stuff to the boards soon. i have old nclex rn books but theyre from 2003. so i probably need updated books, what did u use to prepare for the boards?
- 1Dec 6, '11 by LoopsRN2I passed my CPNE 11/4/2011 and had to take a CLEP exam 4 days later and yesterday my graduation status changed to "Degree Completed 12/5/2011" and I had no email, no update in my message center. I had been waiting for that change so that I could pay my fee and have everything sent to Minnesota BON. With any luck I will be nclexing here in a couple of weeks
CONGRATS on passing your CPNE!