Struggling on my practice examsRegister Today!
- by Firemedicj Feb 20, '12Ok I am struggling with my excelsior practice exam scoring 62 and than 68. I've noticed that on each test there's about 12-18 question that are not on my book. I have the right book but a older edition, and I stuck with the book because one of the "guidance counselor" told me it didn't matter.... Now I am 2 months in on studying and I am stuck and don't know what to do... Should I get the new book? should I get study guides online ? Please help me out here if you've taken the test.. What can I do...
- 837 Views
- Feb 20, '12 by vampiregirlFor most of the courses, there are other resources in addition to the main textbook. That is where I was usually able to locate answers that I didn't find in the main textbook (mine was also usually an edition behind). I also used a NCLEX study guide as a study aid, I just used the sections that pertained to a particular course's study matter.
I'm guessing from the OP's user name that they too come from the EMS side of patient care One of my great challenges was shifting my thinking and learning to "think like a nurse" for course related purposes - I really struggled with application of some of the nursing theories. Working as a nurse though, my EMS background has been a true asset to me.
- Feb 20, '12 by frankie,RNi think you are doing good. the practice exams are weird in that a 68% probably equals a "B" on the real exam. if you strive for an "A" then double check the EC study guide to see what you think your missing thats not in your other books. good luck to you.
- Feb 20, '12 by FiremedicjI forgot to say the test in taking is life span developmental physic.... The book I got is like 4 editions behind. All the information in this book I know well and rest well when I see the material. But when there's 15+ questions that aren't in the book it screws me over. If there any guides or any info you guys can give me on this exam I'd really appreciate it. And thank you for those of you that have responded already!
- Feb 25, '12 by Firemedicjanyone else got some info that may help me out?? thank you
- Feb 25, '12 by pinkfluffybunnyGo to a local bookstore, get a cup of coffee and study their nclex books. Do lots of Q&A.
- Feb 27, '12 by Luv5CatsQuote from firemedicji found the practice exams very helpful. i used the new book and some of the information is simply not there also some terms are named differently. after i read the book i only used the practice exams to review and i got an a on the exam.ok i am struggling with my excelsior practice exam scoring 62 and than 68. i've noticed that on each test there's about 12-18 question that are not on my book. i have the right book but a older edition, and i stuck with the book because one of the "guidance counselor" told me it didn't matter.... now i am 2 months in on studying and i am stuck and don't know what to do... should i get the new book? should i get study guides online ? please help me out here if you've taken the test.. what can i do...