Respiratory Therapist Bridge to RN through Excelsior
- 1Jan 28, '13 by adrianmckHey Im a RRT that is intrested in doing Excelsior RN bridge program , I was wondering if any other RTs have done the program and if it is a good porgram? I work full time and I need to get a better understanding of the classes and CPNE!!!
- 8,453 Visits
- 1Jan 29, '13 by Songbird,RNHi, I bridged as an LPN with Excelsior and found the program pretty easily done while working. The trick is the CPNE, which is especially difficult. I went through Sheri Taylor in Atlanta for studying for the CPNE and literally think I would not have passed it without her. Please get with her before you even think about Excelsior. Sheri has an extremely high pass rate, somewhere around 98%, for the CPNE. This is VERY intense test weekend and you do not want to attempt it without professional help!!! Trust me! I would love to email you my weekend CPNE experience.
- 2Jan 29, '13 by BSNbeDONEQuote from adrianmckI did the LPN-RN bridge program but while I was there, I made quite a few 'online' friends who were Respiratory Therapists. Their input came in very handy for me as far as my trying to learn blood gases and other respiratory issues. You won't have a problem because you will be learning the EC way. In my opinion, it is easier for non-nursing students to succeed in the program because they are learning first-hand information as opposed to LPNs having to be deprogrammed from their real-life way of doing things in order to perform the way Excelsior teaches. That's just my opinion.Hey Im a RRT that is intrested in doing Excelsior RN bridge program , I was wondering if any other RTs have done the program and if it is a good porgram? I work full time and I need to get a better understanding of the classes and CPNE!!!
Good luck with the program and have fun!
- 0Feb 16, '13 by adrianmckHey RFarley RN How do I get in touch with Sheri Taylor? I am still kinda nervous about taking the jumb through Excelsior, but since I work full time its the only option I have, I have taken most of the my Pre reqs over A&P Micro etc. Maybe I just need some incouragement to do it . Thanks for the reply
- 1Feb 17, '13 by united32809im an RRT. third exam on march 5th - health differences. i try to watch the nurses at work so i will know how to do certain things. it helps being n the field around it as far as some " experience ". i enjoy study at own pace. but its not easy. u have to be motivated. im definitely doing an online workshop. i want to pass that cpne.
- 0May 7, '13 by Resp2nursingat44Hello everyone. I'm an RRT and plan on doing excelsior RN program. I can't wait to get started, but I must say a big concern of mine is being able to find employment afterwards. I'm sure the LPN's don't have a problem with that because they are already nurses to begin with. It worries me because I don't already have that nursing experience like LPN's. So I just ask does anyone know of RT's that have been given employment opportunities? Is there any RT's doing the same thing? It would be nice to here success