I enrolled last july and have been taking exams here and there. I am a mother to 4 beautiful children and one on the way,(boy/girl twins 13 y/o, a 5 y/o boy, a 16 month old boy, and our last, a girl due november 16th). So I am def a busy mom that works part time as a home health nurse to finish excelsior.
I was thrilled to have finished all of my nursing exams and had my general ed class life span development scheduled to take august 28th to make the requirements for the exam. So of course last weekend I find out that storm isaac was developing into hurricane isaac and heading toward new orleans. We live about 25 minutes from new orleans in laplace la. We decided to evacuate this time since Im pregnant and we had little ones. Mind you this is the first time I have ever left, we stayed during katrina but our area in laplace has never flooded or had any hard damage besides power out. So any who, we left monday night and headed to lake charles la and I found a pearson vue testing center in orange tx to reschedule my last exam. Thank God because all i can think about at this time was finishing so i can be done before this baby girl is born (now in 10-11 weeks left) I took my exam yesterday, thursday and called EC to let them know and be certain that they will have my grade. They said sure.
So i call EC today after seeing my grade posted under the exam status but wasnt seeing a message stating i am eligible to register. The adviser then scares the **** out of me by saying they are closing today early at 3pm and it is to close to be able to add the grade to the system and post the message........WHATTTT!!! not to mention that I forgot to add that our area that NEVER floods, DID this hurricane ( wwltv.com has pics) and our home has two large trees on top with water that has been sitting on my wood floors for days now and here I am concerned with this! Long story short, she added it to the transcript and sent the message to register and I just finished paying for both courses for september! Cannot express the feeling I have right now getting to this point and knowing the CPNE is not far away. I still need to take 2 pre reqs and eng lit that I plan to take while waiting for the CPNE which after the hopes to pass Im putting my ready date for feb. Sounds like a lot to manage but with prayers and the support of my husband and family, this is all made possible.
So, had to post my story of this long stressful week and excitement of getting it done! Now Im on to the process of our home claim on the damage and having to pack some things and stay with family until we can go back home. Still no power in laplace, no water, and many people who had to evacuate. I can only look at the possitives at this point that my family is safe!! Good luck all u testers and lets tackle this!!!!
Last edit by sirI on Sep 5, '12