Need Excelsior CPNE Advice Please!!! - Page 8Register Today!
- Quote from LunahRNIt worked, thank you so much, see you next doorI do indeed!
- May 1, '10 by katherine100How many diff scenarios did you study? I so want to go to Excelsior
- Quote from katherine100i MADE UP SCENARIOS AS I WENT ALONG FROMTHE JOURNALS POSTED FROM OTHER STUDENTS, PLUS YOU HAVE THE LABS WHICH IS IVP, IM, SQ,IVMB AND THE WOUND STATION. ONCE YOU ARE REGISTERED IT COMES ALIVE AS TO WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU, DOES THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONHow many diff scenarios did you study? I so want to go to Excelsior
- Quote from sweetcheeks99sEND ME A PRIVATE EMAILI am scheduled to test in May 2010 in Racine, WI. I am dumbstruck at everything that is needed to succeed . I actually feel like my head is a hot air balloon. Tips and guidlines would be helpful, thank you for any feedback.
- May 2, '10 by katherine100Thank you for responding. What i am asking is how many did you study. I know about the labs. But for wound care, did you study 4-5 diff types of wounds? Did you study your nursing dx? Would you say 20 diff scenarios?
- May 2, '10 by sunrockQuote from katherine100The care plans i studied were:Thank you for responding. What i am asking is how many did you study. I know about the labs. But for wound care, did you study 4-5 diff types of wounds? Did you study your nursing dx? Would you say 20 diff scenarios?
Impaired mobility, Deficient fluid volume, impaired verbal comm., Impaired skin integrity, inflammatory bowel disease, activity intolerance, ineffective airway clearance, impaired gas exchange, fear, risk for peripheral neurovascular dysfunction, ineffective breathing pattern, fatigue, and risk for injury, risk for falls, risk for injury R/T maturational age, Diarrhea.
For the wound; i practice the flower method and the loose rope method, the rope cannot be tight it must be fluffy. So there you are, hope this helps.
- May 2, '10 by lisasheeJust came back from my CPNE at AMC....I PASSED!!!!!!!! No repeats!! Such a good feeling!! For anyone out there that failed the first time....go back...you can do it!
- May 2, '10 by katherine100Wow....that is alot of studying. Plus you have to rem your assessments (esp for peds)....yup so its about twenty something different things you have to study. Congrats to you , and thank you. I don't know what I will do yet so i am looking at the school.