Looking into attending Excelsior's LPN to RN on-line program?
- 0Feb 21, '13 by Florence NI just graduated in July from an LPN program in the State of NY and passed my NCLEX 2 months later. I am now working full time as an LPN and want to look into attending Excelsior's LPN to RN on-line program as a part-time student. Has anyone done this, and how much time a week should be devoted to this for studying? Also, is it true that it costs about $15,000 for this program? Has anyone received any grants for this? Any insight would be appreciated.
- 3,129 Views
- 1Feb 21, '13 by Pixie.RN Asst. AdminThere is a lot of info in this article I wrote, which includes links to cost estimate worksheets: http://allnurses.com/excelsior-colle...ce-808335.html
- 4Feb 23, '13 by PrayeRNurseI completed Excelsior in less than one year. I did not pay that much however cost ay have changed. You pay as you go and so that helped out. I did one course every two or three weeks. I learned more than my brick and mortar friends did in their program. I did enjoy the program. You could even do your CPNE in NY and save money that way. I am now a 4.0 at Arizona State University RN to BSN program about to graduate this May. I completed ASU's BSN in 8 months. It is how hard do you want to work. I put in aprox 20-30 hours a week. Hope this helps you find the best school for you. Talk to many and look at several programs.
- 1Feb 27, '13 by Student of NursingDon't worry about the SHORT-TERM financial impacts of Excelsior College. Let's be honest: when you do get that RN, your yearly income will increase anywhere from $15k - $30k per year, more than enough to cover the expenses of Excelsior Colleges RN program. Remember that there are no secrets for passing this degree plan. Excelsior College gives detailed information from start to finish. The question is, do you have what it takes to decipher this info? If your answer is yes, continue - if not, you may be better equipped for a classroom-controlled environment, instead.
- 0Jun 18, '13 by DominiqueLoiseauOMG!!!! this is so encouraging!!!! I am trying to do the same all I have is the nurse theory exams left!!! They said I would have to finish an exam every month do you think I can do it? Is that how you did it. I am one of those ppl that if I know it can be done who seen it done before I see nothing stopping me!!!
- 1Jun 19, '13 by BSNINTHEWORKSQuote from DominiqueLoiseauWho said you would have to finish an exam every month? Surely Excelsior didn't tell you that unless you inquired about how to meet a specific deadline. Even though it is a self-paced program and many of us have gone through very quickly, EC recommends taking the same amount of time to prepare for these exams as if you were in a traditional program. I just would hate for you to believe that you MUST take an exam monthly and fail because if you fail an exam, it throws you off by 2 months for each failed attempt and 3 months and up for each subsequent failure of the same exam. Four failures on any ONE exam and you are out!! Proceed with caution and good luck!OMG!!!! this is so encouraging!!!! I am trying to do the same all I have is the nurse theory exams left!!! They said I would have to finish an exam every month do you think I can do it? Is that how you did it. I am one of those ppl that if I know it can be done who seen it done before I see nothing stopping me!!!