How fast can this program be done?
- 0Mar 12, '13 by kjnsweetsInterested in doing his bit I want to know that if I put my nose to the grind how long am I looking at?
- 1,184 Visits
- 0Mar 12, '13 by ParanemecWell, I've done the first 3 nursing tests at about 3 weeks study per test. I have no gen eds to do since I already have a Liberal Arts/Science Associates Degree. So the 8 tests could probably be done in about 6-8 months, maybe less if you focus more. The last 2 (FCCA and CPNE) I have no idea about. The CPNE requires you to wait for a slot, sometimes months.
- 1Mar 12, '13 by Pixie.RN Senior ModeratorI went from start to CPNE eligible in 5 months, then waited 7 months for my CPNE. LOL. I was productive during those 7 months, though, finishing three more non-nursing exams in that time. So it took me one year, one month, and one day from start to finish. There are things you cannot control in this, like the CPNE wait time, the fact that the FCCA is 8 weeks long, and the time to process you for graduation and NCLEX. But can it be done quickly? Sure. Just depends on a motivated student.
- 3Mar 12, '13 by BSNbeDONEQuote from kjnsweetsAbsolutely! From first exam to RN in hand took me 10 months, including A&P and microbiology and I was also simultaneously sitting in a physical classroom knocking out the general education requirements. But, the curriculum has changed, the PRICES have changed, etc. and I didn't have to repeat ANYTHING. So, if you have a self-imposed timeline or deadline, it can be accomplished with careful mapping. HOWEVER, if you fail ONE exam, there is a wait period before being allowed to retest. But you can move on to another exam if you have to retest. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING including the stars lined up for me at the right time but I still had several close calls. It will be what you make it. Good luck!Ok so I have no prerequisites. So in other words its however quick I want to do this?
- 1Mar 17, '13 by steveflIt took me a little longer then LYNDAA to finish my program, I think it was 14 months to include all of my prerequisites. That is from first exam to finish the CPNE and retake the English exam because I got a D on it. I think it may have had something to do with it being a hand graded test and some of the comments I made about the content... Then I had to wait 2 months before I could take the NCLEX because Florida was changing the laws concerning Excelsior. I think my CPNE wait time was only a month and a half or two months, I called and asked for any test date available.
Good luck to you