How do you pay for LPN to RN online??
- 0May 16, '13 by sallyjojoI really want to go back to school. I talked to acheive test prep and their program seems like my best option. I would enroll with them to take 2 prereq classes then into excelsior to get my RN. This is going to cost me around 9K just for achieve test prep and then another 4K for excelsior. Do any of you know what you can write off on your taxes to help cover some of the cost? Im divorced with no kids. Any other ideas?
- 1,030 Views
- 0May 16, '13 by JustBeachyNurseCheck with a tax accountant but since Achieve is Not a school it may have no bearing on your deductions. Plus since Achieve is not a school they cannot offer financial aid. Did you look at going directly through Excelsior?
It's going to cost more than $4000 for Excelsior as enrollment fee is $1085, application is $80, CPNE is over $2000 (plus incidental costs like travel, lodging , malpractice insurance , background check, etc) exams are a bit more than $300 each. Practice exams are $80.
- 0May 16, '13 by JustBeachyNurseThread moved to Excelsior College forum. Excelsior offers payment plans with low fee & no interest for the tuition and fees.
Check this thread for information: http://allnurses.com/excelsior-colle...ce-808335.html
- 0May 16, '13 by bugya90I counted my books and tuition/exam fees in my taxes but you won't get all of it back. I think I got roughly 50% back. I'm paying out of pocket so I save $100 each paycheck and after two months I have enough for one test and the associated practice test. I study during those two months since you have access to the study guide prior to paying the exam fee.
- 0May 18, '13 by BarbaraNMDirectly from Excelsior's website:
Notice to All Students Taking Excelsior CollegeŽ Examinations
Excelsior College provides its students with the resources and support necessary to successfully complete its associate degree in nursing program. In response to numerous questions from students, please know that in no way is Excelsior College affiliated with any test preparation company. We do not promote, endorse, review or approve the products these companies offer. For more information, visit our About Test Preparation Services page, or contact an Excelsior College advisor at 888-647-2388.
You can often find these third party study materials for much less on Ebay. Some are good, some are not.. By using the Content Guide for each exam that Excelsior provides, the recommended text books, and the Practice Exams... that is all you need. It is RIDICULOUS what those companies charge!!