Health Safety and TransitionsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Health Safety and Transitions in Excelsior College Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... I am signed up for the micro course that starts on Monday. I also want to study for the transitions...by silv27star Nov 1, '12I am signed up for the micro course that starts on Monday. I also want to study for the transitions and health safety. I was looking through previous posts and it is difficult to figure. What books or study materials did most use for these two courses? I was going to buy slightly older versions of the Fundamentals, and Nursing in todays world. What else should I do for these two courses? Anyone recommends online study stuff or whats up?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=795336©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 838 Views
- Nov 1, '12 by silv27starShould I go with Larends study guides? More Books? SG101??? What worked best for everyone really??
- Nov 1, '12 by Medic625I've used tcn modules to pass all my prerequisites and 3 of the nursing theory courses. They are very thorough. Also, the excelsior practice exams have helped me prepare for their tests.
- Nov 1, '12 by natnat122I'm studying for Health Safety now and I'm using sg101, the practice exams, and online flashcards.
- Nov 1, '12 by silv27starWhere do you get the TCN modules? Through TCN or ebay?? Just curious...how much do they run you for?
- Nov 1, '12 by Medic625I was "suckered" into tcn by a tcn salesman. I didn't do much, if any, research about other options, such as buying the textbooks recommended by Excelsior. I spent about $5k with tcn which included online learning modules, online practice exams, in-depth "textbooks", and the cost of all the excelsior tests ( excluding the cpne and fcca). I was mad at first when I thought I just got screwed for expensive study guides. But now that I'm so far along, I realize that all the material on these tests has been in the tcn material. I'm still not happy about the less than completely honest tcn salesman, but I'm glad I did it. I've used the sg101 material for 3 classes in addition to the tcn material. I found it hard to get anything out of the sg101 material. It's like you're reading notes with really no explanation. But they are only $10.
- Nov 2, '12 by BrillyDI found sg101 to be excellent - follows the couse syllabus pretty well and had zillions of practice questions - I like lots of questions, helps me retain the information . I only used the books to look up different things, but I thought the studygroup study guides were sooooo worth the money.
- Nov 8, '12 by jlynn167I'm on to Health Safety now too! Just passed transition with a B...phewww!! How is the material and have you scheduled the exam yet?
- Nov 9, '12 by ParanemecI just passed Health Safety on tuesday. I read all the chapters from the books listed in the syllabus, then I bought the sg101 guides. The guides made a great review after reading it from the books. However, a lot of the book material (for me) was review, but it did go in to more detail about the nursing process which helped a lot.