Ga senate bill 187 was passed today!! - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 17, '11 by gnjoyQuote from LunahRNLOL!!! Ummm yes..hahah.. oh wow welcome to my state!!! I am navy... where will your duty station be?So because I had 5 years of paramedic experience when I finished EC (not to mention I have nearly 5,000 hours as an RN!), I wouldn't have to do a preceptorship if I wanted to endorse my license into Georgia?
This is cool ... I'm actually moving to Georgia, but with the Army, who recognizes EC.
- Mar 17, '11 by LunahRNI'll be working in the ER at Ft. Stewart.
- Mar 17, '11 by rnlatelyWelcome to GA Lunah!!!! You are about a little over an hour away from where I live.
- Mar 22, '11 by chosSo when will the bill go to the governor to be signed? My fingers are crossed too, but want to know when we can expect an official answer. I am thrilled, and hope there are no other "issues".
- Mar 22, '11 by rnlatelyQuote from chosIf my understanding is correct it has to be approved by the House also before it goes to the Gov. If this is in fact the case then as we know some sort of "compromise" will probably be made. If I'm wrong and someone knows anything to the contrary please let us know. In any event, I think that whether the bill is accepted as is or changed it is still possibly a step in the right direction.So when will the bill go to the governor to be signed? My fingers are crossed too, but want to know when we can expect an official answer. I am thrilled, and hope there are no other "issues".
- Mar 23, '11 by techiediva2010What about students who transferred into Excelsior but not LPN or EMT or Medic?
- Mar 23, '11 by renge1Wow!!! I hope the bill passes.....that means on preceptor for me...15 years as LPN
This would be great...I to am in GA....just got email today from excelsior stating they
are accepting my prereqs so I only have to take micro, a&p and the 8 nursing classes.
- Mar 9 by navynursejoySo yesterday i had a ga state representative as a pt!!! I asked her what she knew about the bill and she said nothing. She said she didnt know anything about it and had received so many emails and etc from students.... Welllllll i spent around 45 mins after asking her if it was ok to tell her about it explaining the situation... She said when it comes back to the table she wont forget it!!! She also said we had her support. FYI she was a patient for cosmetic situation she wasnt ill but she left very happy.. I also felt very happy because i was able to educate her about the hardships and the strenuous wonderful education program that excelsior college provides. I also discussed the preceptorship issues students are up against.