GA BON no longer accepting Excelsior education; Speak up Cont. Updates!! - Page 126Register Today!
- Aug 2, '11 by Travisty911Hey,
Louisiana is the same way. Most of the Medic's that take all there stuff in Louisiana, just bop over to TX and work 1 day or 2 a week. Then in 6 months Louisana recognizes them. Just figure out the logisitcs. I know it still sucks. I am beating my head against the wall for hawaii's stuff. Good luck man.
- Aug 5, '11 by TLCfromSCHere are the latest amendments and changes to laws affecting graduates of non-traditional programs for the state of GA....
-evaluated on a case-by-case basis
-some relaxation of the requirements for preceptorship
-more flexibility in securing a preceptorship
- Aug 15, '11 by MandylpnQuote from PmdcYes (an LPN) needs two years experience in either a LTC or Acute Care setting to apply for a GA RN license (if you did Excelsior) this was a recent ruling, see the GA BON website for details.Could this thread be moved to the Distance education forum?
I think there are some new grads of EC who are in GA and probably have dealt with the GaBON recently. Maybe they could share their experiences.
- Aug 19, '11 by NRSKarenRN5/13/11 passage of SB 100: revision to GA Nursing Practice act posted on GA BON website for all to read legislation:
Recent Law Changes Regarding Nontraditional Nursing Education Programs
- Mar 27, '12 by PaulasmithHi my name is paula I'm on the list to do my preceptorship in Macon I am so stressed from waiting to get started and suggestions
- Sep 26, '12 by wanabeeRNHi Paulasmith,
Did you get into the Macon preceptorship program yet ? I applied in August and is patiently waiting. They really don't communicate and keep you abreast with whats going on and how much longer you have to wait. If you are in, how long was the wait to get in ?