Failed Health Safety Today!Register Today!
- by RNFinally12 Oct 18, '08Ok.. I took the practice exams and passed the second. Took the real deal today and failed. ***. I walked out of there very confused. I am not sure what happened. Please advise on study materials. I thought I was good.
- 2,114 Views
- Oct 18, '08 by Raggedy AnnRN Wanna B...
Was it possibly the nerves? I have to really calm myself before and during. I can be a basket case. I have used different items to study. Study group 101, TCN guides,files from the yahoo sites, and old texts from LVN school. I am under the old curriculum, and I have taken NC7,1 and 3, and of course NC2 waas waived. Which course did this one equal to according to the old curriculum? Anyway...(HUGs)
P.S. I also used the EC practice tests, and went over the rationales. Even the ones for the wrong answer. Seemed to be very helpful!
- Oct 18, '08 by SuesquatchRNI'm sorry.
In what areas did the results show you as weak?
- Oct 18, '08 by LunahRNI'm sorry. What did you use to study?
- Oct 18, '08 by RNFinally12I have to admit I didn't study as much as I should have because I thought that I knew what I was doing. I studied with my fundamentals of nursing. (kozier) I reviewed the study guide and used that to review the information. I had to dig for the info in my book, but thought I would be good. I have to also admit that I found this test to be nothing like what I learned while I was actually in nursing school. I thought the info bounced around and covered more areas than they listed on the study guide. Did I miss something along the way? Should I have taken something else for my first exam. I am so confused. I orded the Taylor fundamentals book today after my big let down. Please give me some guidance.
Thank you all.. It is great to know that I can talk to someone that knows what I am talking about.
- Oct 21, '08 by nurse_mo1986Well, just my penny's worth, but I've used Lisa Arends notes so far. I have passed gen psych, sociology, and Health Safety. I feel like her notes really prepared me for that one.
- Oct 21, '08 by crazywomanWhere did you purchase Lisa Arends notes at and how much were they? I am testing NC1 next month.:wink2::wink2:
- Oct 21, '08 by smir953328Quote from crazywomanWhere did you purchase Lisa Arends notes at and how much were they? I am testing NC1 next month.:wink2::wink2:
Lisa Arend's notes are online and cost $12.00/exam.
another good study guide is My Study Group 101. cost $8.99/exam
Both of these provide pratice tests and a ton of information that will assist you with your studies. Make sure you have EC content guide for the course you are studying for. This is the syllabus that instructs you what to review.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Oct 8, '12 : Reason: ToS
- Oct 21, '08 by DebsikinsHello nurse mo1986,
What books did you use for sociology besides LA notes? did you use what EC recommended? I applied and awaiting for response from EC very soon!