Excelsior Pass Rates!!! - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 5, '12 by Raisin331I've passed 2 of the nursing tests so far and have been reading horror stories about CPNE (I know I shouldn't be worrying about it just yet, can't help myself!). So glad to read some positive experiences!
- Oct 7, '12 by GeauxNursingKnow your care plans, front back over and under. Use the Mosby's book of nursing diagnosis to formulate your care plans, otherwise you won't pass the planning phase.
- Oct 8, '12 by Mimi2BNPQuote from NC Girl BSNYOU AND LUNAH ARE MY INSPIRATION AND HEROES!!! I'm looking forward to becoming an EC grad and RN!!!! 😀I almost didn't do EC because someone at my job went on and on about how the school ripped them off because they could not pass the CPNE x2. It scared my to DEATH! I got on the EC website and allnurses to learned more about the process and decided to do it. I was a brand new LPN and finished the EC program in 1 yr. Got to the CPNE and passed with no repeats. Now I am a RN on a Neuroscience floor making alot more money than before. Dont focus on what others say. Some people don't pass are bitter and talk bad about the school. You have to go to the CPNE prepared. They allow you to fail all the labs once, fail 1 adult and 1 Peds patient scenarios before they send you packing. Keep your ears filled with positive throughts and get through the nursing exams. Some people get so wired up over the CPNE and can't stay motived to pass the Nursing Test. Take it one step at a time and keep your eye on the prize.
- Oct 9, '12 by aaprimetimeI did pass on the first time with no repeats but it is no joke, very stressful and difficult but doable if you put all of your heart and soul into it. You must know this stuff inside and out . Please do a workshop in person or on line . I did both and dont think i would have passed without them. Mnemonics were my best friend. I did them even for the labs . Just as a checkoff list if you have the steps memorized before you walk out of the room go over your checklist ( mnemonics) . It keeps you focused and on track because there will be interruptions and nerves mAy be on high alert . Good luck to all cpne testers . Study hard you can do it. If you would like a copy of my lab mnemonics i would be glad to share . I used all of the assessment and management mnemonics from sherry taylor with a little tweek here and there. Sherry's on line work shop worth every penny.
- Oct 11, '12 by BrillyDAs far as I can figure from reading posts and forums, more people pass the CPNE than fail it.
The advice I keep getting when I ask about it is to read the study guide and practice, practice, practice, practice care plans, practice mneumonics, practice assessment (out loud), practice skills, read the study guide, practice care plans, practice mneumonics, practice assessment (out loud) .......:***:
I suppose it is because it is the final exam and they need to know you know what your doing! I plan to take extra time to practice and take a workshop!
- Oct 11, '12 by Dave_In_FloridaSomeone I know passed on their first try. They had to re-mediate on the last day because they grabbed a subq needle to do an IM injection. If they can pass on the first try, then anyone should be able to.
- Oct 25, '12 by alodociosI passed at grady on my first try. i think the rate is 60 or 66% about 2/3 pass. You just have to prepare well and know exaclty what they tell you to know. The next part is learning how to think in a high stress/pressure situation. This is great training for the real world. It is not really the test that does most people in, it is the stress they put on the test and themselves and the lack of preparation. you have to be honest enough to say i am not ready and i need to work on...... and when i know it in my sleep forwards and backwards then i will test. It really is a self reflection issue. You have to use the resourses they give you to study, use the forum, use the nurses that are hired to answer your questions. ask all questions, watch video that corresponds with how the bible.....OOOPS, I mean study guide, and read the guide and know the guide, almost be able to quote the guide, no , be able to quote the guide. I had to quote an area in the guide when the CA said she didn't think one of my interventions was acceptable, it saved my butte.
- Oct 26, '12 by MMAnurseQuote from nurse2033I totally agree. We as students need to take reaponsability for our actions...Excelsior is not a ripoff. The CPNE is pretty wicked hard and should be. It is their only chance to evaluate you in a clinical setting.
- Oct 27, '12 by BeachCathyRNCPNE is very do-able and not nearly as hard as I made it in my mind. I took a workshop both online and in person, practiced labs, charting and careplans daily and came in so prepared that it was so much easier than I thought it would be!! There were 7 the weekend I took it and 6 of us passed, the one who didn't had not taken any workshops and was using a 2nd edition Mosby's not the 3rd edition they recommended because someone gave it to her and she didn't want to spend the extra money - that worked out well for her. The key is practice, practice, practice and after that practice some more. Good Luck to everyone-Excelsior best thing I ever did for myself - No regrets here!!!
- Oct 27, '12 by BarbaraNMQuote from CathyLPN2RNCathy... sounds like you were SUPER prepared... that sounds like a formula for success! Where did you take your CPNE?CPNE is very do-able and not nearly as hard as I made it in my mind. I took a workshop both online and in person, practiced labs, charting and careplans daily and came in so prepared that it was so much easier than I thought it would be!! There were 7 the weekend I took it and 6 of us passed, the one who didn't had not taken any workshops and was using a 2nd edition Mosby's not the 3rd edition they recommended because someone gave it to her and she didn't want to spend the extra money - that worked out well for her. The key is practice, practice, practice and after that practice some more. Good Luck to everyone-Excelsior best thing I ever did for myself - No regrets here!!!