Excelsior Health and Safety ExamRegister Today!
- by Flightmed123 Jul 12Researching for study material. How do you feel about Chancellors study guides or TCN modules? I hear Pros and Cons on both. Which out weighs? I want to ace this exam, didn't pass transition to RN role.
- 590 Views
- Jul 13 by Flightmed123Thanks for both advice. Highly appreciated!!!!
- Jul 13 by LunahRNI will tell you, I absolutely LOVED the Chancellor's guides for the audio component! No other publisher has audio, which is goofy. I bought used guides on eBay, then sold them when I was done. I had an hour-long commute each way from my home to the ER where I worked as a tech, so I was able to get in a solid two hours of study each workday in a relatively painless manner. But the pronunciation of some of the medical terms drove me nuts on the Chancellor's audio, haha! Like the guy could NOT say larynx! If you can get past that, I think they're good.
- Jul 13 by BarbaraNMQuote from Flightmed123Hi Flightmed, You are getting some great opinions on many different study resources. I bought all my study materials on Ebay... College Network modules, a Foundations text book, various Micro books, and some SG101 disks. Must be working... 5 exams done, 4 A's and 1 B! See what works best for YOU. Content Guides... a MUST. Practice Exams... another MUST!Researching for study material. How do you feel about Chancellors study guides or TCN modules? I hear Pros and Cons on both. Which out weighs? I want to ace this exam, didn't pass transition to RN role.
You seem very enthusiastic about Excelsior College and I want to wish you GOOD LUCK!!
Paramedic for many years
Former Flight Medic
EC student since 9/2012
- Jul 14 by Flightmed123Thanks!!! I'm just getting started and had no study technique, other than following content guide as a syllabus, reading the text book and Excelsior practice exams. I've been searching for good study notes I can use along with my reading to be sure the material is understood and I'm actually learning. This way I should excel on exams no matter how excelsior question are written. I will look into each of these study resources. The goal is to exhaust the resources out there until I seek success... Thanks for being a motivation...
- Jul 14 by Flightmed123LunahRN I will look into Chancellors especially since they have audio... I read your topics! Your journey is impressive and I admire your drive... If you have any other suggestion to follow please share... Congrats on all of your accomplishment in health industry... Truly awesome!!!!