The Excelsior College Distance Learning ADN Program: Facts, Answers, and Links - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 16 by Nascar nurseQuote from WildflowerRNOh please, I was a nurse dealing with "stuff" for 19 years prior to completing this program...I didn't need a brick and mortar school to teach me how to deal with stuff.prepares you for dealing with the stuff we, as nurses have to deal with daily.
Lunah - I also did better with just scheduling my exams and then studying up to that date. And, I will never forget that Sunday drive home after passing the CPNE. What an absolute rush to know that I passed that beast (actually breezed right thru it with no retakes but that didn't help my nervousness while in the midst of it). I really did feel like I could conquer the world for awhile!
- Jan 17 by MollypitaOh my, thinking of that CPNE six years ago still gives me chills... I was so horribly stressed I felt like I was in the twilight zone. And everything that could go wrong did- I locked my keys in the car the first day and had to call roadside assistance (thankfully I went to the car early), lost my watch and had to buy another one, couldn't sleep at ALL the first night despite Benadryl and Xanax! And then the second day I forgot my badge, didn't realize it until I had arrived at the hospital, but miraculously the instructor-in-charge allowed me to participate anyway. I still almost can't believe that I passed when I think of all that!! I'm sure many others have their own horror stories. :-) Despite all that, I have no regrets. Good luck to all in the program, if you pay attention to LunahRN's post and the Excelsior site, you should be able to make a well-informed decision about the program.
- Jan 17 by RyanCarolinaBoyLunah:
Hey, would you be willing to make your article into a sticky so it's always available for us to refer future excelsior students to?
- Jan 18 by jadelpnThank you so much for this--I am going to take some pre-equs (which the credit hours needed are on the EC website)--as many online as I can.
EduKan is also a great reference--they have lots of courses, are not expensive, and do have virtual labs for sciences online. I found them to be really helpful, and open to everyone.
- Jan 18 by squidbilliesI can't seem to find the clinical requirements on their website. Can anyone provide a link or some info on that? I was under the impression that the only requirements to be considered for the program were licensure (EMT, LPN etc). Thanks
- Jan 18 by JustBeachyNurseQuote from squidbillies#21 in the original post: Admission Requirements for Associate Degree in Nursing Programs - excelsior.eduI can't seem to find the clinical requirements on their website. Can anyone provide a link or some info on that? I was under the impression that the only requirements to be considered for the program were licensure (EMT, LPN etc). Thanks
EMT-B would not qualify, but EMT-P (paramedic would) Not sure what you mean by clinical requirements....the clinical skills are assessed by the CPNE. Some state BoN's require additional clinical preceptorship hours before a candidate is NCLEX/license eligible. (For example, LPN's in GA have a clinical preceptor hours requirement which varies depending on the LPN's current work environment and how long at the job)
- Jan 20 by squidbilliesJustBeachyNurse, thank you. Some comments in other posts led me to believe that in addition to being a license PN, one also needed a certain number of clinical hours ie work experience. Thanks for clarifying.
- Jan 21 by ssaluluQuote from squidbilliesNo, you don't need clinical experience, though it may be helpful for some.JustBeachyNurse, thank you. Some comments in other posts led me to believe that in addition to being a license PN, one also needed a certain number of clinical hours ie work experience. Thanks for clarifying.
- Jan 21 by TschinaultHi lunahrh. quite well written. Do you know much about online RN-BSN programs? which ones are the best etc/ I have a dual bachelors in other fields so it may not take me quite as long. I am hoping to get out of chemistry for now also. I also have some questions for you about the army nursing. you respnded to a few of my questions from one of my topics. thanks a ton!!!