EC ADN Program In A Year??Register Today!
- by MrsDicksonRN13 Aug 30, '11Hello,
I was wondering if anyone finished the EC program from to back...In about a 12-14 months? How did you do it? I really think I could buckle down and finish...ANY inspiration helps!!!
- 1,910 Views
- Aug 30, '11 by LaxNurseI started in January and finished in September, passing my boards by the end of September actually. It can be done. I had all my gen eds done with the exception of micro, which I took the EC exam for. There are several factors that play into the timeline, one of those being the long wait for the CPNE. I was given a 6 month wait time, but got a cacellation date after 3 weeks.The other exam was just starting to come about when I finished so I have no clue about that. I had to study hard! I took an exam every two weeks. I always scheduled the exam for two weeks and forced myself to study. You can message me for details. Good luck with EC.
- Aug 31, '11 by BestSweetGalNow to Lunah and LaxNurse..were you working fulltime during the program? I'm working full time and I can't imagine me finishing as quick as you guys did..wow.
- Aug 31, '11 by LaxNurseFull time, yes. In addition, I would work OT to cover the cost of the next exam. This saved me from having to pay out-of pocket for the program. I saved my tuition reimbursement money to cover the CPNE cost. Like Lunah said, it can be done. I studied every night and every chance I got.
- Oct 26, '11 by MrsDicksonRN13Thank you Guys tremendously!!
I'm a bit nervous in budgeting this and making it work but reading some of the stories here, let me know that it's totally within my reach. I like the OT idea for the exams that way its not out of my "pocket"...Will keep everyone updated! LunahRN and LAXNurse thank you... thank you for your encouragement and solid advice...Aiming for December 2012 finish date
- Oct 26, '11 by agldragonRNgood luck mrs! i also did it in one year and i was working full-time lpn with ots.
you can do it!
- Oct 29, '11 by CardiowheezerWow. You guys give me hope. I had to sit out a while due to several surgeries but am trying to get back on track. Hoping to finish ASAP so I can enter Vanderbilt's program. Thanks for the encouraging words to those of us who are a little "deer caught in headlights" right now.