CPNE musculoskeletal managementRegister Today!
- by nursingforever35 Jun 24, '12I am stuck...I have no idea how to do abduction and adduction, flexion and extention. I feel comfortable and confident in every other area of care. Is there anyone that can guide me on the best resource. Thanks in advance.
- 1,167 Views
- Jun 25, '12 by t-loIf I am not mistaken flex/extesion and adduct/abduction were in your Health Safety materials. A Fundamentals of Nursing text will show you how with pictures
- Jun 25, '12 by BLAKEY2005abduct is away from the body,adduct is toward the body, flex is when you make a muscle and extension is when you straighten your hand outward. hope this help. also check you med-surg book on pg199-201 there are some pictures
- Jun 25, '12 by nursingforever35Thanks.
- Jul 9, '12 by GeauxNursingYou're In good shape if that's the only thing you're worried about! Good luck!