CPNE helpRegister Today!
This is a discussion on CPNE help in Excelsior College Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... I am about half way threw my excelsior nursing exams and I was wondering how long does it take to...by Mgarrett1984 Feb 22, '12I am about half way threw my excelsior nursing exams and I was wondering how long does it take to schedule the CPNE? Excelsior web site said 2 to 3 months. does anyone know if it can be expedited? I am trying to get a job that is contingent on me graduating by the end of June so any info is greatly appreciated. I am trying to get into the site in Texas if that is any help.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=677468©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,209 Views
- Feb 24, '12 by reebokHCFRit seems like it takes longer than that from what I've seen. there is no option to do it faster, it's based on when you apply. I heard the northern assessment center has the shortest wait time. considering you're only halfway done and the amount of material the cpne covers (not to mention the time it takes to get a date), I wouldn't hold out any hope for that.
- Feb 24, '12 by frankie,RNi have to agree with reebok. it took me four months after my last exam to complete the cpne and that was only a two month wait for a date in albany. i hear texas has a much longer wait. unless you get on a cancellation list and then get an actual cancellation. it also took an extra month to wait for graduation. so you'll be cutting it really close, even if you were done with your exams. good luck to you and i wish you success.
- Feb 25, '12 by LoopsRN2I don't know where things are at now, but I was CPNE eligible and applied in June 2011 and had to wait until August to get a CPNE date for November 2011, so I had about 5 months. I tested in Madison, WI and the MPAC has lost 2 testing hospitals and the wait time really went up. I started calling every week for a cancel but never got one. I have heard that the Eastern states were faster. Good luck!
- Feb 29, '12 by Mgarrett1984thanks for the info I am down to 2 exams now I will be done by the end of March with my exams and will take the FCCA in early April. I hope I can get into an CPNE this summer id actually be willing to go just about anywhere to get in if it meant meeting my deadline. Procrastination is like masturbation your only screwing your self.
- Apr 16, '12 by BostonNurse2876I put my ready date as 8/24/12...I really won't be fully ready until then or after.Not rishing this...I haven't failed anything thus far and don't want to fail the biggest test in the end because I rushed in.....I became eligible a week ago and applied last Thursday. Today my application is 90% complete (just CPR and TB need to be updated by June) Should have background check back this week (I hope) then hoping to get my date in the next month or so....I need the whole summer to study.. too busy now with kids in school/sports to devote the time I need. I do still read and highlight,make flashcards,mnemonics etc.now, but will order skills kit next month then start a workshop once I have my date. Applied to Syracuse and Albany
- Apr 19, '12 by Determine2bTry SPAC! Stephanie @ SPAC is very helpful, she will try to get you a date as close as your requested date. When I applied, once my file was complete, I called to make sure everything was recieved and in good order. I then call every few days and got a date for my preferred site in less than 2 weeks and a CPNE date that was within 2 months of my application date. She's fantastic! Give it a try and good luck....it can be done!
- Apr 19, '12 by RNFinally12It depends were you want to go. You can asked to be put on a cancellation list and they will call you if something opens. You can also call them and check in that way for cancellations. Best of luck!